Search for content in message boards

Richard Daveport Otsego NY>Chenango NY

Richard Daveport Otsego NY>Chenango NY

Posted: 9 Feb 2011 4:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davenport, Manley
Hi! I am intrested in knowing whether or not anyone has any information on Richard Davenport Exeter,Otsego NY and then Smithville, Chenango NY circa 1730-1820 The censuses have him listed under Richard Devenport but he signed seveal wills in the area as Richard Davenport. Every other piece of supporting documentation has him as Richard Davenport as well. He had a daughter named Elizabeth(1767-1848 Steuben, NY) that married George Manley. His wife is listed as Elizabeth Clards. Thank you for your time, Janet Campbell

Re: Richard Daveport Otsego NY>Chenango NY

Posted: 31 Jan 2012 8:29PM GMT
I have information of his daughter Elizabeth, who married George Manley.
COntact me if you would like imfo.
Kay Swyers

Posted: 2 Feb 2012 12:21AM GMT
Hi! It's great to hear from you, Elizabeth is my grandma too. The Manley's are everywhere but for the life of me I can not figure out which Davenport family in CT he belongs too. His wife Elizabeth is also a mystery. Haven't quiet figured out if her maiden name was Clark or Clards. There is a Davenport family in Coventry near the Manley's but I can not link the two families together.
Which of their childen is your grandparent. Mine Grandma is Lucy. There seems to be a whole bunch of them. Do you have an ancestry.com account? I keep my tree private unless just incase there are any mistake. If you type in Valorus Starr you'll be sure to find my tree and send a request to see my tree and I will send you an invitation. If you don't have an log in with them we will figure something out. I truly look forward to hearing from you. Janet

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 7:13PM GMT
Great, to hear from you. I belong to Cephus. Yes, I am on Ancestry. I will send request. Where do you live? We live in Castile, New York. I happened on a relative who put in touch with the yearly Manley Reunion.
Kay

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 1:24AM GMT
Surnames: Manley-Davenport
Hi, I am a Manley descendent of George Manley and Elizabeth Davenport. I haven't gotten any farther back. I'd love to know about any reunions.
--Shelley Manley (The account belongs to my daughter)

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 2:04PM GMT
Good Morning Shelley,

Its very nice to hear from you. I'm sorry to say no I've been stuck too for some time too. (13 years) I have some ideas but I haven't been able to get my pieces to match up. I don't want to lead you down the wrong path. If it make you feel any better everyone is stuck.

According to the 1810 census there is a George Manley lives very close to a Richard Davenport. I believe he is our grandfather or uncle. I do know Elizabeth was born in Connecticut and a large number of families that moved into the area were from Connecticut.
I know the Manley's moved to Smithville in 1797 from Coventry CT. There are records for Richard Davenport in Coventry CT but the information I have found conflicts with this possibility so I don't know.

Which child of George and Elizabeth are you related to, Their daughter Lucy is my GGGG Grandmother.

Any questions on the Manley side? That side of the family I know backwards and forwards.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Janet

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 2:28PM GMT
Surnames: Manley
Thank you for the reply!

My Manley side goes: Sir George(?)--> George + Eliz. --> Cephus (b1789)--> Robt. C.(1815) --> Marion M. (1849) --> Claude E. (1883), my grandfather.

I'm not sure about the "Sir George" part. I mostly took that at face value from others' trees. And some trees list Cephus as a Capt. but all I could find was him leaving the service as a Pvt.

I kind of messed up my family tree when I went down a wrong alley at first and I still have to clean it up. I'm still learning how to change stuff in Ancestry. It's public though, if you wanted to take a look.

~Shelley Manley

Posted: 28 Feb 2014 11:41PM GMT
Not sure how the Sir George thing started. You are not alone. I can help you. Don't worry about making mistakes. That's why I keep my tree private. In fact I've gone back and forth several times on other family member a number of years ago. My email address is macduff1128@aol.com if you want any help. Now the next question is how much help do you want? I'll give you a start then let me know George Manley's parents were Asa Manley and Chloe Bridgeman. They were both born and raised in Coventry, Tolland CT. Have fun!!

Janet
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions