Search for content in message boards

Josiah, father of Thomas Griffin, b. 1772 in Dutchess Co., NY

Josiah, father of Thomas Griffin, b. 1772 in Dutchess Co., NY

Posted: 27 Jul 2003 4:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griffin, Ireland, Warner, Buck, Weeks, Chapman
I am interested in the following family because I am an Ireland researcher. The will of Nathaniel Brown reveals that Jonathan Griffin was married to Mary Brown. Mary's sister, Philaner, was married to John Ireland. Since he was the only John Ireland in Dutchess Co. during this time period, I believe him to be the one referenced below, as father-in-law of Thomas Griffin. I have not found a reference [so far] on line to Josiah or Thomas in WorldConnect etc. Anyone know who Josiah's father was? He probably be in the same generation as Jonathan.

"Gazatteer and biographicol record of Genesee County NY 1788-1890", p. 578-9

Josiah Griffin was a resident of Stanford, Dutchess County, NY. One of his sons, Thomas Griffin born Oct 27 1772 left Dutchess County and came to Elba among the pioneers in 1820, where he remained until his death, February 16, 1854, aged 81 years. He married Susanna, daughter of John Ireland of Dutchess County, and their children were Jacob, John, Thomas, Abigail, Daniel T., and Mary. Daniel T., born in Dutchess County, November 14, 1811, moved to Elba, where he lived 22 years, and thence came, in 1866, to Oakfield, where he has since remained. His first wife was Louisa Warner, of Ypsilanti, Wayne Country, Mich., and his second wife was Abigail, daughter of Frederick and Mary (Grovenor) Buck, of Batavia. Thomas Griffin, a brother of Daniel T., also a native of Dutchess County came to Elba with his father in 1820. He was a farmer and owned a saw-mill. In 1883 he removed to Talbot County, MD., where he remains. He married Emeline, daughter of William and Susanna (Sheffield) Weeks, of Elba, and their children are William H., Elwood, Maria, Susan, John, Cynthia, Hubert, Frank, Edwin, Sarah, Emma, George, and Lewis. William H., was a soldier in Co. H, 8th NYHA. His home is now in Maryland, and he married Caroline C., daughter of Elizah and Elvira (Staples) Chapman, of Hillsdale County Mich. Their children are Almond, Elvira, Orie, Earl and Pearl (twins), Jay, and Daniel D.

Sarah Ireland family

Posted: 2 Mar 2010 12:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Young- Ireland
I am looking for info on Sarah Ireland's family 1811-1877 Marrie to William G Young 1809-1884.Her mother Mary A Born 1779. I found them in the Baltimore Md. 1850 cencus. Need info on Mary and beyond
per page

Find a board about a specific topic