Search for content in message boards

County Clare Kenny's

County Clare Kenny's

Gary La Bounty (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2002 2:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jul 2006 10:34AM GMT
Surnames: Kenny
Looking for Hugh & Delia Kenny. Youngest daughter, Nora Josephine, is my great grandmother. Nora was born 21 December 1855 Town Ennis and came to America when she was 16, about 1872. Nora was married to Louis La Bounty 25 September 1876 in Gilman, Iroqouis County, Illinois. Nora died 13 November 1929 in Curtis, Nebraska.
I have seen this name spelled Kenney & Kinney.
Anybody out there have anything?

Re: County Clare Kenny's

Posted: 16 Feb 2002 4:14PM GMT
Surnames: Kenney, Canney, Hennessey
Hi,

I don't have a Hugh & Delia, but I do have a Thomas b.1822 Co. Clare, his parents were Thomas & Mary Canney/Kenney. The spelling of the name in Co. Clare was Canney. Thomas left for England and ended up in So. Africa.

Posted: 24 Mar 2002 2:36PM GMT
Surnames: Kenny, Kenney, Canney
Dan, my apologies for not responding sooner. I don't have a South African connection but the info on the name spelling may be a plus. Thanks for taking the time to pass that on.

Posted: 24 Mar 2002 4:01PM GMT
Gary,

Check out the Co. Clare Public Library website http://www.clarelibrary.ie/

They have the 1901 census, and other info. on line that has info. on the Canney/Kenney family.

Good luck,

Dan

Posted: 3 Sep 2002 6:32PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jul 2003 11:56PM GMT
Can you get back to an earlier connection? Is there any chance your family could have come from the area of Sixmilebridge? The names John, James, Daniel, and Martin appear in this Kenny family.

Posted: 8 Sep 2002 1:41PM GMT
Sorry, I cannot. The only info I have on my greatgrandmother is that she was from County Clare and her parents were Hugh & Delia and this was from her obituary

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 6:41PM GMT
Surnames: Pickering
Hello, I am the great grandson of Thomas Kenney born in January 1822 in Ireland, and who subseqently moved to South Africa, where I live. I am struggling to find any information on Thomas and, in particular, his daughter Mary Anne, born in 1858. I am trying to locate the baptismal certificate for Mary, but i need to identify the parish in which she was baptised, most likely in a parish in County Clare.

I would really appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Many thanks
Gary Pickering
gpickering@mweb.co.za
+27 83 4543870

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 8:24AM GMT
I'm looking for a connection with Kenny's from County Clare who emigrated to Melbourne Australia. My 2x great grandfather John Kenny was born in County Clare in 1843,to Rodger Kenny and Mary (nee Keogh). He married Mary Ann Neill from Althone, Westmeath Ireland, in Victoria Australia in 1873 and I am trying to trace this family prior to settlement in Australia.

any help appreciated

Maree

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 3:35PM GMT
Looks like your family came from the townland of Ballymooris, Civil Parish of Kilfintinan, RC Parish of Cratloe whose church records date from 1802 for baptisms & 1822 for marriages. You could try writing to The Parish Priest, Cratloe, Co.Clare, Ireland as I don't think the records have been microfilmed by the Church of The Latter Day Saints. A Roger Kenny was shown to be living in the townland of Ballymooris in the Tithe Applotment Books of 1833 for the parish of Kilfintinan. He was the only Roger Kenny listed for Co.Clare so it's a strong possibility he is your Roger. Check out the Clare Library website genealogy section where you will find lots of genealogy records.( www.clarelibrary.ie ). There is a microfilm copy of the Cratloe parish records 1802-1877 held by the Library and you might get someone from the library to do a look up for you.

Regards from Co.Clare

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 4:22PM GMT
Records for Co. Clare are not on Irishroots so you could pay for a search by the heritage center. I don't know if their records are computerized yet. A few years ago, their records were not computerized so they must have checked the records by hand. A search by a center is more expensive than getting records on Irishroots, but I suppose if you consider the expense of a flight to Ireland and staying at a B and B to look at records on film at the National Library, the fee doesn't look as bad.
http://www.clareroots.com/

per page

Find a board about a specific topic