Search for content in message boards

Cawley name

Cawley name

Doug Shepard (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cawley
Looking for information on my great-great-grandfather,s family. John Cawley, born in County Sligo, married Mary Melvin. They had 4 children, Patrick, Michael, John, and Thomas (my great-grandfather. Thomas was born in County Sligo Jan. 1 1833.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
Doug Shepard
Posted: 17 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2002 7:28PM GMT
Surnames: CAWLEY
I am interested in Patrick Cawley your grgrandfather's brother perhaps? Possibly born in Sligo then settled in Massachusetts..any connection?

Patrick Cauley/Cawley

Michael Miller (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cauley, Cawley, Fleming
Seeking link to Patrick Cauley/Cawley who was born in Ireland and married a Mary Fleming. They had at least on child, Daniel Michael Cauley, b. 1-20-1843 in Mass. USA and died 12-27-1919 in Cleveland, Ohio USA
I have genealogy but seek link to parents and siblings. Leads, links or matches to mmiller@the-box-office.com

Patrick Cauley/Cawley-Mass-USA

Michael Miller (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cauley, Cawley, Fleming
I am searching for a connection for Patrick Cauley/Cawley who married a Mary Fleming and had a son Daniel Michael Cauley born in Mass. The information was taken from his death certificate. He was born 1-20-1843 and died 12-27-1919 in Cleveland, Ohio USA. He was said to have worked for the oil and gas company. He was a Roman Catholic and a member of the Holy Name Parish in Cleveland, Ohio on Broadway Ave. at the time of his death. His grandson would later be an associate priest at that church in the 1950's. Daniel Michael had a son Daniel Webster Cauley. Any info or matches contact mmiller@the-box-office.com

Cawley

Don Mullaney (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cawley, Mullaney
My grandfather's youngest sister,Kate Mullaney,married a Cawley and lived in Co.Sligo near the Co.Mayo border. I met Kate in Doobeg,Co.Sligo in 1987,where she lived with her son and his family. She has since passed away.

Cauley/Cawley

Posted: 17 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 5:30AM GMT
Surnames: Cauley, Trumbull
I am looking for my gr-gr grandfather, Patrick Cauley's parents. He was born 17 Mar 1841.He listed his parents as Darby and Bridget Cauley. (The family says in Culfadda, Ballymote, Sligo.)There were more Cauley's that didn't come over.
Did you check any directories from Boston? Patrick was a coachman in Boston before moving to So.Berwick, Me. and there were other Cauley's listed around the same time.
Best of Luck,
Debbie

Relatives?

Raymond Cawley (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cawley, Cauley, Colley

Hi,
I saw your posting on the Sligo genealogy website and am
curious about relatives myself.
My dad was born in 1902 in Gurteen Co Sligo and his brothers were Thomas, Patrick and John. I believe his
father was James Cawley. Perahps relations?
Drop me a line if of any interest. We just had a Cawley
reunion in Sligo in Sept 2000.
Ray Cawley

Relatives

Keith Shoebridge (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
I am looking for my G. G. Grandfather Michael Cawley
born about 1813, could it be your G. G. Grandfathers brother?

Keith

Cawley

Doug Shepard (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cawley, Kilcawley
Keith
I believe my Great Grandfather had a brother named Michael, he was born about 1820.
Their fathers name was Patrick Kilcawley.
My Great Grandfather changed his name from Kilcawley to Cawley sometime between 1857 and 1860, in St. Louis, MO.
Doug Shepard

Re: Cauley/Cawley

Posted: 23 Jan 2002 12:32AM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2006 12:49AM GMT
I have a great grandfather Patrick Cawley that was born in Sligo Ireland about 1840. When and where did your Patrick die?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions