Search for content in message boards

St. Croix O'Reilly, Williams

St. Croix O'Reilly, Williams

Patricia A. O'Reilly (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: O'Reilly, Williams
Both families lived in the Northside (Annaly) village in Frederiksted, St. Croix, Virgin Islands. The O'Reilly family were of Irish extraction, but may have been second generation. The O'Reilly family also held property in Estate Calquohoun. The Williams family were of African extraction, several generations removed, region unknown.

O'Reilly

Daniel Smothergill (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
There was an O'Reilly family from Killeshandra, County Cavan, Ireland that may have come to St. Croix. County Cavan provided a number of immigants to St. Croix in the 19th century. See http://maxpages.com/irishcrucians.

O'Reilly

Richard Bond (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: O'Reilly

Since some of the other Irish Cruzans Mr. Smothergill mentions went to Annaly such as Farrelly and O'Neill it is likely that the O'Reilly familiy is from Cavan, village of Killeshandra.

Re: St. Croix O'Reilly, Williams

Posted: 12 Aug 2002 3:18PM GMT
Edited: 14 Nov 2003 5:27AM GMT
In search of Charles & Rosa O'Reilly. Charles born c.1868 died 1954 at age of 86 in Honduras. Was known for master carpentry and shipbuilding skills. Family says he was a god fearing conscientious man. Other family tale is that he was of royal descent from Ireland or Jamaica. Possibly journeyed with pirates (Laffitt).

Re: O'Reilly

Posted: 19 Jul 2003 5:23PM GMT
Surnames: O'Reilly
My grandfather, Phillip Frances O'Reilly was supposedly born in Cavan, Ireland in 1869. He may have lived in the Virgin Islands. Phillip was of Negro decent. I don't know who his parents were. He lived in Sacramento, CA until he died in 1949. He owned a shoe repair shop. If there is anything you can help me with would be greatly appreciated. He was married to a Laura C. (maiden name unknown) in California. He had three children; Phillip Byron, Robert and Rudolph.

Posted: 1 Dec 2010 7:41PM GMT
Surnames: Charles
I had a g-great grandfather who lived in St. Croix by the name of Charles O'Reilly from 1813 until he died in 1847. He may have been born in Moorfield, Ireland in 1794. I know he had six children, some of them were born mulato. Hence my breeding. In 1838, Charles was the overseer at Estate Annaly. He also bought Clifton Hills Estate in the same year, but kept working at Annaly. He left his estate to one of his nephews, Charles Donocho, as sole heir. The other cousin was Edward Sheridan. I've been trying to find info on his birthplace. Don't know about the Williams. Hope this helps.

Posted: 13 Aug 2011 12:32AM GMT
Hello my name is Nelby & I'm looking for distant relatives. My great grandfather's name was Charlie O'Reilly and my grandfather's name is Alejandro O'Reilly. My family is Honduran so I was wondering if this maybe my answer.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions