Search for content in message boards

Descendants of Original Grantee's

Descendants of Original Grantee's

P. Trevino (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2005 6:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am compiling a database with names of individuals who believe they are descendants of original grantees from the Starr County area. I have an extensive list from descendants of the following porcions.
Porcion 103, Porcion 105, Porcion 110, Porcion 78,

Please provide the following information:
Name:
Address:
Porcion:

email address:

Re: Descendants of Original Grantee's

ARTHUR HEREDIA (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2006 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: HEREDIA
I AM AN HEIR OF MARGARITA GONZALEZ.

YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT (312) 217-7775.

Rudy hinojosa (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2006 10:01PM GMT
Supposedly, Jose De Hinojosa was granted porcion 105 in Starr County in 1767, was his son Juan Joseph ponciano hinojosa? if so then i am a direct descendant of Jose De Hinojosa. Juan Joseph ponciano had a son named Jose Lino Hinojosa who was born in 1836 in Camargo. He had several children one of which was named Victervo, Bitervo, Victerbo, all same person but i have seen different spellings of the same name.He signed a post card of his wedding picture "Bitervo" any way, he had a son named Fidel who had a son named Mario , who had me, Rudy F Hinojosa (Rodolfo)

Higinio Garza (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2006 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Garza
Higinio Garza
2338 Throckmorton St
Dallas, Tx 75219
70 La Rosita and 104 El Sauz

The Unknown Heirs of Porcion 103

Posted: 18 May 2007 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: Hinojosa, Gonzalez, De La Garza, De Los Santos
The Unknown Heirs of Porcion 103

By: Pat Treviño

The book is about a Tejaño family who are descendants of colonial settlers of lands north of the Rio Grande River (Rio Bravo). Descendants whose ancestors received Spanish land grants from the King of Spain during the General Visit of the Royal Commission in 1776. As descendants of the indigenous and Spanish people; the family has sought legal ramifications and compensation for the undivided property and undivided interest which was lost to them after the Mexican-American War. The land is currently occupied by squatters who gained ownership because of adverse possession laws established in Texas which essentially made it legal to steal land from grantees.

The book touches on the current movement by descendants of original grantees of Spanish and Mexican land grants which is now sweeping the Southwest, and which many families have been trying to regain since the annexation of the territory by the United States government. The book discusses The Guadalupe Hidalgo Treaty; and the millions perhaps billions of dollars of oil royalties held in escrow accounts for its heirs.

DUE FOR RELEASE IN THE FALL 2007

tipwebroots@yahoo.com

Posted: 22 May 2007 11:33AM GMT
Regarding your notice, my email address is scrubsrn@aol.com and my family has claim to several porciones. Please email me with questions. Thank you

Posted: 30 Jul 2007 12:44AM GMT
Surnames: Rodriguez, Pena
How can I view your list? I beleive my mother has claim in Porcion 105. Any info would be helpful. Thank you.

Posted: 9 Aug 2007 4:01PM GMT
Surnames: Chapa
Jose B. Valdez, PO Box 115, Hondo, Texas
Porcion 58
baldemarvaldez@hotmail.com

Posted: 9 Aug 2007 8:56PM GMT
Hello,
It concerns me that so many people offer their information so freely. While at the Rio Grand City Court house, we found that someone had underlined my family name in several land records. Since I have not done any research lately and certaintly would not mot mark up government records, I wonder who would be doing this.
I do know there are some companies trying to stop any suits and avoid a long court fight.
Could you please tell me the reason for gathering names and what you hope to accomplish? I am just very curious.
Thank you, Cynthia

Posted: 10 Aug 2007 12:54PM GMT
Hello Cynthia,
I agree with you that marking government records shows disrespect and a total disregard for such important documents. The overseers of our archives should be more diligent at their jobs and pay close attention to those who seek to desecrate these records. My interest is to join allegiance with other descendants in an effort to pull our resources against those who seek to stop or hinder the progress of establishing our rightful legacy. I have a private website which is open only to proven family members which provides free genealogical data. I also have a myspace account which you are welcome to view which offers information about me and the purpose of my endeavor. myspace.com/unknownheirofporcion103

There you have it Cynthia, I am an open book.

Sincerely,

Pat de los Santos-Trevino
per page

Find a board about a specific topic