Search for content in message boards

ROBERT DAVY, SIR HUMPHRY DAVY'S UNCLE-CORNWALL

ROBERT DAVY, SIR HUMPHRY DAVY'S UNCLE-CORNWALL

Posted: 19 Jun 2008 10:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi all,
After some research on the Davy family, it appears that my line may have descended from Robert Davy, Sir Humphry Davy's uncle. I was just wondering if there was any research anywhere regarding other members of the Davy family which may help me determine this link.
Many thanks for any pointers :)

Re: ROBERT DAVY, SIR HUMPHRY DAVY'S UNCLE-CORNWALL

Posted: 1 Sep 2008 9:33PM GMT
You may have more info than I have. Our branch (James Thomas Davy) came to this country in 1859(?) on a ship from Australia, however, all the relatives are from County Cork, Ireland. My Great uncle was Robert Hugh Davy born 1853 in Ireland.
Did this help or confuse the issue even more?

Good luck.

Richard G. Davy

Posted: 4 Dec 2008 8:44PM GMT
hallo - My davy family hail from Norfolk
an aunt born pre 1900 is supposed to have found the link to Sir Humphrey DAvy -- but i have a lot of work to do to proove it or find any links - DO you have any links from your cornish family to Norfolk??

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 6:03AM GMT
I am diane nee davy and my family has come from Norfolk England I am trying to find the link to cornwall. My ggggrandfather migrated to Australia from Norfolk in around 1860. I am also search for the davy history in england

Posted: 13 Dec 2008 4:10PM GMT
Surnames: Robert Davy norfolk v sir humphrey
Hallo - my mother is a Norfolk Davy -- - i have been looking into the Norfolk Davy tree for some years and have a lot of info - but in paper form. To see if we are connected I would need more info - if you would like to email me i will see if i can help anne.frost@hotmail.co.uk
my gt gt gt gt granfather was a Robert Davy born 1786 d 1858

Posted: 14 Dec 2008 5:11AM GMT
Thanks for your repy. I would say that we are connected in some form because the Davy family in Norfolk came to Australia around 1860 re Daniel Cooper Davy and Eliza Slapp.
His son Robert Alexander Davy was born in Australia around 1866 and his son Robert Alexander was born in Australia. My father Robert James Davy was born in 1920 in Australia.

Daniel Cooper Davy's mother was Sarah Davy in Norfolk. Yes I would like to share info with you if you can

Regards

Diane Hull (nee Davy)

Posted: 1 Jan 2009 2:38AM GMT
Sir Humphry Davy did not have an uncle called Robert. That was his own father's name and I doubt that he (Sir H.D.'s father) would have had a brother with the same name.

Does anybody know if Sir H.D. had children? I've drawn a blank so far.

Posted: 1 Jan 2009 7:42AM GMT
According to my research Sir Humphrey did not have any children
I am not sure if his father had a brother but I know that his father was Edmond

Posted: 16 Aug 2009 9:11AM GMT
Google Humphry and follow the leads. Google his younger brother John also. Also cousin Edmund. There are some Roberts in the family.

Sir Humphry died childless and is buried in Geneva (see Google/Wikipedia.

Believe our side is down from John; believe he's gt, gt, grandfather. Grandfather was Frank; one of his brothers was Louis or ?? (they both settled in Ontario, Canada); other brother Louis or ?? settled in California near Los Angeles.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 7:21PM GMT
Surnames: Davy, Roberts,
I am a Roberts and it has been known in my family that we are descendants from the Davy family (Sir Humphrey Davy. My father use to tell me we are distant cousins). Although, he didn't have children here is a clue that some of you who are interested may want to work on. I myself am still following the leads. My great grand mother was Mary Roberts (maiden name Ellis). Her mother's name was Francis Louisa Davy b. 1859. Here is a link to view a picture of her that my father Ralph Roberts posted. Hopefully, it will work. http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?gl=ROOT_CATEGORY&...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic