Search for content in message boards

Radford

Posted: 13 Aug 2004 6:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RADFORD/MELTON
seeking Ancestors of JOHN WESLEY RADFORD born abt 1855
al married MILLY E. MELTON .moved to ar.

Re: Radford

Posted: 2 Oct 2004 3:04AM GMT
There was a Reuben Westley Radford born in Georgia in 1803, son of Reuben Radford and Elizabeth Hackworth. Could this have been a son of his? I don't know. He migrated from Georgia to Alabama. Married Elizabeth Duke in 1825.

Helen (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2005 3:03PM GMT
Billy: I have a John wesley Radford born 1850 in laclede Missouri. He was married at least twice. And was a bit of a drifter. he is said to have died in Arkansas. he also lived for some time in Oregon. He also fought in the civil war. Could this be him?

Posted: 27 Oct 2005 9:19PM GMT
Hi Billy

I have a John Wesley RADFORD born about 1847. He married Sarah MOORE and then Malinda J. MOULZ (Oct. 21, 1884 in Howell County, Missouri. His kids with Sarah were Frances B. (b. abt. 1859) and George S. (b. abt. 1867). Sarah was born abt. 1838 so I believe Frances B. was a child from a prior marriage. I have John in the 1850 Cencus in Laclede County. In 1870 John, Sarah and the two children are in Jasper Township, Dallas County, Missouri in the census the next house to John Craig RADFORD, his father.
His grandfather was John RADFORD. The information about John Wesleys and Malindas marriage I found in the book Marriage Record, Howell County Missouri, 1866-1889 from the South Central Missouri Genealogival Society. The book was in the Mid-Continent Library in Independence, Missouri and has the call number Gen 977.885 M 349 and the info was on page 215.

Re: Radford - Think this is same family!!

Lisa Luther (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2006 10:03PM GMT
Surnames: Radford, Meton
Hi Billy,
This could be same family. I have a John W. Radford born Abt. 1857 in AL married a Minnie Melton.

His father was Gidion Radford b. abt 1821 in NC. Mother was Jane E MCMILLAN of Al. Other children were: William, James Newton, David, Jane, and Margaret.

My great-grandmother had two sisters who each married Radford's of AL, (prob. cousins).

Good Luck!
Lisa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic