Search for content in message boards

Reaves Family

Reaves Family

Posted: 16 May 2006 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
We are looking for any reaves family members that are from Marion County.

Re: Reaves Family

Posted: 21 Aug 2006 4:36PM GMT
Surnames: Reaves and Hayes
I am descendent of Sam Reaves from Mullins, South Carolina and I know we have Smith in our lineage. That is all the information that I have and hopefully you can make a connection. Please respond.

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 11:11PM GMT
Surnames: Reaves
I am a descendant of Leroy Francis Reaves, whose father Lot Sidney Reaves was from Mullins, Marion, South Carolina.

Posted: 7 Feb 2012 6:46PM GMT
The given names of your ancestors are interesting. My great-great grandfather was named Leroy Reeves. He was born in SC and lived in DeKalb County, GA and then Cobb County, Ga. Also in Cobb County, GA was a Lot Reeves.

Given the propensity to name children after family members I wonder if our ancestors had a common name source.

My working theory has always been that the family emigrated from the Pendleton area to Jackson County, Ga and then Gwinnett, DeKalb and Cobb counties. I have no knowledge of any Reeves or Reaves from Marion County, SC but I have extensive research on Reeves/Reaves from other areas.

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 12:58AM GMT
Did your Sam Reaves ever live in Georgia?

Posted: 4 Apr 2012 1:02AM GMT
The Pinkney Reaves Family is for m Marion SC with ties to Ga.

Posted: 11 May 2012 3:17AM GMT
Does your Sam Reaves have any connection to the Sam Reaves from Georgia?

Posted: 11 May 2012 3:24AM GMT
I do know some Reaves from marion SC. I am also a Reeves/Reaves Researcher. Ssearching for the descendants if Sam Reeves/Reaves/Reed. He is my GGf and I have found him all across Georgia. The last place was Ocilla. If you have ran across any of these connections please contact me. My GF was Clifford Reaves from Florida via Georgia. If you need contact with someone from Marion. i probally can connect you. thanks and wish you the best in your research.

Posted: 11 May 2012 3:29AM GMT
I do have contact with some Reaves from Marion.

Posted: 11 May 2012 1:00PM GMT
Surnames: Reaves, Harrelson, Smith, Floyd
I descend from William Reaves and Prudence Harrelson. They settled near the North/South Carolina border. Their son Mark (born 1747)and his wife, Spicy Ann Smith are my GGG Grandparents. Spicy was the child of John and Catherine Smith of Brunswick County, NC. John owned a plantation called "Swamp House".

Mark's brother, Solomon married Sarah Floyd, born about 1757 in Huggins Bridge, Mullins, Marion County, SC.

Could this be your Reaves family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions