Search for content in message boards

Jesse Wood of Oklahoma

Jesse Wood of Oklahoma

Brenda Beard (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 1999 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood, Seibert, Miles
I am looking for the family of Jesse Wood of Oklahoma. He was born in the early 1900's. Met Edna Seibert of Des Moines IA. He then went to World WarII. Edna had a daughter by him, Jeanne Elizabeth Miles born 1954. I am Jeannes daughter. I am told that I look like my maternal grandfather. I believe my mom kept up with his brothers a nd sisters but I can not find the information. Please email me if any of these names sound familiar.
With love and peace,
Bren

John Sinkler Wood / Nancy Littleton

Henrietta Marquardt (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 1999 11:16PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Littleton
Looking for info on John Sinkler Wood who married Nancy Littleton. Believe he had brothers named Charles and William. His mother or grandmother may have been full blood cherokee. I think he was born in Spartanburg, S.C. also lived in Pikens, Co.,S.C.: Rabun Co.,GA: and Haysville, N.C.
Would like to know parents names also other siblings names , any info or photos would be greatly appreciated. John and Nancy's children were Charles, William, Stephan Thomas, Jeptha Robert, Margaret, Alexander(ALEC); John Hillyard;and I think there may have been a couple more girls. Charles, Jeptha, and Alexander all moved to Arkansas and later to Oklahoma. I think John Sinkler Wood may have had a second wife.Would love to have more details on any of these people.

John Sinkler Wood I

Posted: 8 May 2001 9:19PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2001 1:17AM GMT
Henrietta, had an e-mail a while back from Ruth about working together. Don't have anyone's e-mail addresses. Please send...love ya, juana

Re: John Sinkler Wood / Nancy Littleton

Tammy Whorton (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2003 3:55PM GMT
Surnames: Wood
John Slinker was my ggggrandfather. He was married 3 times. 3rd wife was my ggggrandmother. Nancy was his second. He was a baptist minister, b. 9-18-1819 in Spartenburg,SC d 7-5-1888 in Hayesville,NC. His son Charlie was my gggrandfather.b 1842. I don't have alot of info on him. but i would like any that you have, if you would like to share. Thanks. you can email me at mamawhorton@hotmail.com

Posted: 22 Feb 2005 12:53AM GMT
I have information on this family line if you are interested. My husband's gggrandfather was Charles's brother, John Hildred Wood. Thanks

Posted: 22 Apr 2008 3:33PM GMT
Surnames: Littleton, Wood
Do any of you have ANY information on Nancy Littleton? Where they were married, bondsman, anything?

I have a large LITTLETON line in Pickens Co, SC and Rabun Co, GA but can't find a Nancy. BUT there is a son Jeptha and Nancy Littleton and John Wood named a son Jeptha so there must be a connection.

Thanks
Terry Littleton - sponsor of LITTLETON@rootsweb.com

Posted: 23 Apr 2008 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: Littleton, Wood
Yes, I have finally found information on Nancy Littleton. Her parents were William and Sarah Littleton. In 1850 they were living in the District of Pickens and in 1860 they were living just down the road from John S. and Nancy Wood in Rabun Co. GA. Just next door to them lived Jeptha Littleton. I would love to correspond with you. email me at white@burns-stowers.com

Re: Jesse Wood of Oklahoma

Posted: 25 Apr 2008 7:55PM GMT
Brenda, I had a uncle named Jesse Wood. He was born about 1902 in Willis, Marshall Co., OK. The family had not heard from him for a lot of years.
If interested in talking to me, write me at:

Gay Nell Cantrell
willc_gayc@yahoo.com

Posted: 25 Apr 2008 7:55PM GMT
Brenda, I had a uncle named Jesse Wood. He was born about 1902 in Willis, Marshall Co., OK. The family had not heard from him for a lot of years.
If interested in talking to me, write me at:

Gay Nell Cantrell
willc_gayc@yahoo.com

Posted: 26 Apr 2008 4:40PM GMT
Surnames: Wood, Baggerly, Robertson,
Aft reading your reply about the Wood family I felt it necessary to ask anyone if they know of any of the Wood families in Georgia. I have Chester Wood b abt 1928 d abt 1979 Heart Attack at Work and died in the hospital in Macon, Ga. His wife was Eula Jean Baggerly Wood. His son Roy Willard Wood, Sr. Also I'm hunting the Wood families of Alabama around Coosa and Talledega Counties. Clarence Robertson Wood, James Wood, Mary Henrietta Robertson Wood, Mary Henrietta Wood, Elizabeth Wood, Pernie Wood, Irene Wood, Christine Wood, Edith Wood, Ruby Wood, Ruth Wood and/or Nesby Wood. I have dates if anyone is interested. If anyone connects to any of these people then we connect so please contact us at deliaholloway@yahoo.com.
God bless,
Delia
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions