Search for content in message boards

JONES of Rockland and Scrubgrass Venango County

JONES of Rockland and Scrubgrass Venango County

Posted: 2 Jan 2002 1:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Mar 2002 10:31PM GMT
Who are the parents and family of LOWDUSKY JONES, a female?
Who are the parents and family of MORGAN JONES, a male?Did Stephen Jones and his wife Margaret McCool have a first born son ROBERT?
Need more information on Mary ELizabeth Jones who marries a Davidson in Huntingson County prior to 1800 and lives in Venango after 1810.
Any information on ANY JOSEPH JONES in Venango prior to 1870?
Thomas Jones and his wife Catherine Stover may have had children who all died before 1849 but were there no survivors of this union?
Rebecca Jones , a sister, unmarried and blind died in 1853 and mentioned neice ELizabeth Maitland and nephew ---------
Davdison and Rebecca is mentioned in the will of Thomas JONES who died in 1849 of Scrubgrass. This helps to bring the Jones family a little closer but many more details are needed.
Sarah JONES married in 1805 Huntindon County Patrick Coulter as his second wife( Nancy Finley the first). Had a daughter Sybella Coulter who had SON Levi Porter?
There is a William Jones in Venango 1810 and he goes to this family extended who had William JONES?
It seems there is ONE extended family and I am trying to put them together and believe there were two brothers LEVI and William Jones of Chester Coutny prior to 1780.
Please help if you can.

Re: JONES of Rockland and Scrubgrass Venango County

Charles Burgwin (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jan 2002 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: Burgwin-Jones-Maitland-Elliot-Henry-Pryor-Nickle-Myers-Burns-Lovell
I can help with the Thomas Jones, Jr. (1773-1849) married 1795 to Catherine Stover (1771-1851) daughter Sabella Jones (?-1849) married John Forker (?-1848) on 1817 in PA. Their children are: ? Jones Forker (1818-1885) married Isabella (1817-1891); Elizabeth Forker (1822-1884) married on 1842 to Alexander Maitland (1815-1895); John Lee Forker (abt. 1826-?). I have more on grand children, specially those of my 2nd great grand-uncle Alexander Maitland, his daughter Emmeline witnessed my great grandfather's wedding. I checked over your other questions, but was unable to help.

Posted: 4 Jan 2002 2:45PM GMT
Thanks for trying to help with JONES

Sally Sibley (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2002 5:05PM GMT
I just posted a bio for Stephen Jones on this site. Stephen was my 3rd great grandfather. I have his records from the War of 1812 and in them Margaret said that he was born in Washington County, Pennsylvania, but I have no idea what his father's name was. I am wondering if it is Thomas, however that name never comes up in the family tree later as far as I know unless it is a middle name. My line goes through Robert W. Jones, Stephen's son.to Andrew Jackson Jones, to Perry Sherman Jones, to Floyd Charles Jones, my father. I would like to correspond with you and maybe we can put the Joneses together. It sure is hard to trace Joneses isn't it? Hope this helps.

Posted: 17 Jan 2002 1:48AM GMT
Please email me at
landcmacbean@earthlink.net
I believe that the father of Stephen was Robert in Venango 1800 and he was there in 1803 taxed. This being that Stephen and his wife Margaret McCool 's (father George and I have McCool people you could contact) first born was Robert.
I feel that since he was next to my ancesator John Forker and\ his wife Sybella Jones that they are related. The only person in the will of Thomas was Rebecca Jones BLIND and I think that is why Thomas left his money to Rebecca as the only Jnes in the will and other's got other things. The will of Rebecca says that Elizabeth Lee Forker Maitland was her neice along with Joseph Davidson her nephew. His mother was Mary Elizabseth Jones married to Joseph Davidson son of William, sister to Sybella and Rebecca.
Maitland bible was torn and there was no Robert or William ( William Jones also there in 1810 along with 2 Thomas Jones (cousins???)
Yes, I would like to talk with you father and I would very much like your Jones data. Very hard to find indeed. The name Joseph in Venango goes too????
I am
Christine Forker
and if you email me as above I will give you my address?
Please do.

Posted: 1 Mar 2002 3:48PM GMT
Hi Christine,

Yes, Stephen and Margaret McCool Jones had a firstborn son, Robert W. Jones, b. 1821 and he married Amy L. Cowan. They had 8 children. I have quite a bit of info on both Robert and Stephen and their extended families. I will be happy to share with you. Robert W. Jones was my 2nd great-grandfather.
Sally

Posted: 1 Mar 2002 4:12PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2002 5:03AM GMT
I have Jones in Mason which is just a few miles south of Cooperstown and a few miles north of Franklin in Venango Co., Pa. My Daniel born 1835 in Erie, Pa. was post master in Mason after serving in the Civil War. He was married to Mary Mollie Bowman of Cooperstown. His father is listed as Daniel. It is noted that his father was a minister. Cooperstown is very near to your Venango Co. areas. Would like to share. Harry

christine forker (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2002 10:44PM GMT
We have shared before or it was with your son. See old Jones messages under christine forker. Thanks

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 10:48PM GMT
Sally,
I would anything you have on Jones and McCool.
Please send to
landcmacbean@earthlink.net
I have several Stepehn Jones people looking. I am trying to connect Stephen to his cousin Sybella Jones who marries John Forker. Her father was Levi Jones and we think Stephen went to Robert and his father was William?

Posted: 10 Mar 2002 6:52PM GMT
Hi Christine,

I too believe that Stephen Jones' father is Robert. In the War of 1812 pension papers, Margaret says that Stephen was born in Washington Co., PA. Robert W. was born in Venango County, PA. I went to Washington Co., but was lost in copious info and not knowing anything about Robert, Stephen's father came up with nothing I considered conclusive. I still believe that Stephen named his eldest son for his father, but have absolutely no proof.
Sally
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions