Search for content in message boards

Chas (Charles) [ROBRAHM(N)] ROBRAN & wives

Chas (Charles) [ROBRAHM(N)] ROBRAN & wives

Posted: 21 Feb 2006 6:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Feb 2006 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: Robran (Robrahm or Robrahn)/Foers (Foersf)/Gerber
Chas ROBRAN (my GGGrandpa) was born 5 Nov 1831 in Germany. He came to America & settled in Milwaukee County. He married Sophia FOERS (Sophy FOERSF) 23 MAR 1860 in the 5th Ward MIL .WI. They had 2 children (girls). Then I totally lose track of her (cannot find a date of birth or death or who her parents were) and find that Chas remarried on 27 APR 1867 & had 9 children with his new wife Sophia A. GERBER b. 30 AUG 1845/d. 17 DEC 1936. I am fairly new at genealogy, so I do not know where to find some of the information. I do know that my family settled in the Franklin area (and were vegetable growers)--so maybe a cemetery or church would have a listing of them. I do not know if there would be any actual death certificates available for them. I would appreciate any help or suggestions as to where I can look for some of this information. Thank you.
Diane (Toodles) Rodman Collins

Re: Robrahn in Milwaukee

Posted: 12 Sep 2011 2:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2012 2:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robrahn Robraan Robran Foesch Pape Küsel Kuesel Techel
Spellings for this name found in Milwaukee's German papers include: Robrahn, Robran, even Robraan, and I've indexed matches to this posting for Chas. Robrahn family. I've referenced other surnames with Robrahn: Foesch Pape Küsel Kuesel Techel.

Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007 ...
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).

Carl Friedrich Johann Gottlieb Robran (1831 - 1896)

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 10:20AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 13 Sep 2011 10:28AM GMT
Surnames: ROBRAN
Sophia A. Gerber Robran
Birth: Aug. 30, 1845
Death: Dec. 17, 1936

Milwaukee Journal
December 20, 1936

Robran: Sophia A., Bel?dere Ill., beloved mother of Louise Helms, Lena Schultz, Clara Mueller, Emilia Karsten, Albert Robran, Alma Willms. Thursday, Dec. 17, at the age of 91 years. Funeral Monday, Dec. 21, at 1 p.m. from the Frantz Funeral Home, 1921 W. Greenfield av., to Evangelical Lutheran St. Paul's church on the Smith rd. Interment St. Paul's cemetery.

Spouse:
Carl Friedrich Johann Gottlieb Robran (1831 - 1896)
SAME CEMETERY

Children:
Minna Auguste Johanne Caroline Robran (1872 - 1873)
+
Alma Robran Willms (1883 - 1984)

Milwaukee Journal
Feb. 5, 1984

Willms, Alma A.
Of Milwaukee, formerly of Oak Creek and South Milwaukee, Feb. 2, 1984, age 100 years, wife of the late William J. Willms, dear mother of Verna (Joseph) Michalski, Violet (Jacob) Kah, Lester, Clarence and Harvey (Evelyn) Willms. Further survived by 28 grandchildren, 68 great-grandchildren, 21 great-great-grandchildren, one brother-in-law, 2 sisters-in-law, nieces, and nephews. Funeral Mon. Feb. 6th at 1:30 p.m. at Our Father's Lutheran church, 6025 S. 27th St. Rev. Poger Janke officiating. Interment St. Paul's Cemetery. In state at the funeral home Sunday 4-9 p.m. and at the church Mon. 1 p.m. until time of services. Memorials to the Church Wheelchair Ramp Fund appriciated.
Molthen-Bell & Sons 700 Milwaukee Ave. South Milwaukee

ALL
Saint Pauls Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery
Greendale
Milwaukee County
Wisconsin

Re: Chas (Charles) [ROBRAHM(N)] ROBRAN & wives

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 5:22PM GMT
Hi There,
It looks like it's been almost 6 years since you posted your query on the Robran family. I too am researching the same family, and have quite a bit if information on the Robrans.

Have you been in contact with Larry Robran? He too has quite a bit of information.

Marv

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 7:53PM GMT
Hi Marv,

Thank you so much for the email. Unfortunately, I haven't been looking for information very much in the last couple of years--I guess I was a bit discouraged, but I am interested in finding out as much as I can about my family's past. I would appreciate anything you would like to share--maybe I have some info you could use also.

I have not contacted Larry Robran. I will have to try to do that soon. It would be great to put more of the family puzzle together!

Thanks again for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Have a great day!
Diane

Re: Carl Friedrich Johann Gottlieb Robran (1831 - 1896)

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 8:05PM GMT
Thank you so much for the information. Finding the past is sure a slow process!

ToodlesDiane

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 8:11PM GMT
Thank you so much for the information Gary. I was getting a bit discouraged by the lack of new information. I seem to keep running into brick walls.

ToddlesDiane

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 8:11PM GMT
Thank you so much for the information Gary. I was getting a bit discouraged by the lack of new information. I seem to keep running into brick walls.

ToddlesDiane

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: Robran/Robrahn
I lost your last post but remember what you asked so will reply here. I have Sophia Maria Josephine Foers born 14 Oct 1839, died 20 Nov 1866 5th Ward, She was married to Carl Friederich Johann Robrahn 23 Mar 1860.
They had two daughters Louise Marie and Caroline Johanne.

Sophia's parents
John Foers
Magdalene Dedlaff.

Hope this helps some
Larry Robran

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 1:32AM GMT
Thank you for the information. I have not logged on for quite awhile. This helps me with some of the puzzle.

Toodles
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions