I am looking for the surnames:
Burke
Breen
Noonan
Sheridan
McGuire
O'Connor-CO. Kerry
Farrell
My grandfather had brothers David,Tim,Dan, who also came to U.S. His brother Tim went back to Boherbue.

BREEN

Dan Breen (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information on John Breen from Wexford, married Maria Gorman, 6 Nov 1825 in St. John's NF. Children are, John-1829,Elizabeth-1831, Mary-1833, Peter-1835, Maria-1840, Anne-1946, Margaret-1852 and Edward-?:My name is Dan Breen and I am presently living in Calgary, AB, Canada.

Query

Darin Eckton (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Noonan
We are looking for Noonan's in New York (many in Glens Falls area) and Cork County Ireland.

REGAN'S FROM BOHERBUE

Posted: 25 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2001 4:23AM GMT
Surnames: PATRICK REGAN, ELLEN REGAN, WILLIAM REGAN, JULIA REGAN
I,am looking for info on my grandfathers family. Patrick my grandfather came to the USA in 1893. i haven't been able to find out anything on the rest of the family. Ellen the oldest was born in 1867 and Julia the youngest was born in 1873

Re: BREEN NOONAN

Posted: 12 Dec 2001 6:39PM GMT
Edited: 14 Mar 2002 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: BREEN,BURKE,NOONAN,RYAN&SHEEHY
I've been "trying" to trace my husband's side of family. Saw the msg you posted and noticed we're researching some common surnames. My husband grandfather name was John Burke, he was born in Cork Ireland in approx 1883 he emigrated in the early 1900's to the US. He meet and married a Margaret Noonan (b.1890 to Martin & Margaret Noonan nee Sheehy) in Chicago in 1919. They would have 4 children together, but she'd died from the birth of the 4th. John being faced with raising 4 young children alone married a Nora Ryan who some how is a cousin to the family in some way, but which way I don't know & there is no one left alive who does. On Nora's obit in 1972, it says she is survived by a sister, Alice Breen of Limerick Ireland. If any of this sound familiar to you, I'd love to exchange notes. Thanks, Kimberly

PS- Some of the other Noonan children ended up in New Jersey & Connitecut

noonan's in glens falls, new york

linda layton (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2002 11:55AM GMT
i was married to a william j noonan jr. he was born 2-29-1944, died 01-02-1972. he father was william sr. born 09-07-1911, died 07-27-1997. his mother was lillian, born06-02-1917, died 11-1976. my son is the only noonan left of this family. my understanding william sr was adopted, and i have been trying to get info abought it. sr spendt 30 years in the navy, and alot of it was in the boston area. lillian was fram the glensfalls area. i believe her maiden name was nacy. she had three children before she married william sr, which he adopted. i don't know if this is one of the family you are looking for, i appreciate if you have any info for me. linda

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Breen, Goddard
As far as I can tell, my great grandfather, David Breen was from Boherbue County Cork, b. 1839, and he emigrated to the US in about 1871. He first came through Boston (where his second daughter Mary was born) and settled in Norwich, Ct. His wife was Catherine Goddard (b. approx 1850) also from Ireland, but I'm not sure exactly where. (THeir oldest daughter, Bridget was born in County Kerry in 1870).

Are we family?

Re: REGAN'S FROM BOHERBUE

Posted: 6 Apr 2008 10:59AM GMT
I came across these.
Julia Regan Baptised 12th June 1873
Ellen Regan Baptised 06 October 1867

Parents Jeremiah Regan, Mary Donohue

Let me know if I can be of any help

John Linehan

Posted: 20 Apr 2008 7:01PM GMT
I have Noonan and OConnor in my family tree

Noonan's from Limerick - St. Michael's Parish
OConnor from Co. Cork

If this is helpful give me an email at gastap@gmail.com

Posted: 4 May 2009 12:20PM GMT
I have reason to believe that both Noonan and Sheridan are linked names in my family tree. My great grandmother Deborah Noonan married Jeremiah Halahan in 1870. We have unidentified photos on the back of which is written 'Sheridan'.

I am fascinated by both names are of interest to you. Do you know how they 'relate'? I am thinking that Deborah Noonan's mother may have been a Sheridan. Did Breen Noonan have a Sheridan on his maternal line?

I'd love to hear from you. Happy hunting. Geraldine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic