Search for content in message boards

BOSWELL

BOSWELL

walter d. boswell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have traced my family back to Person County, NC from Wilkes County, GA. George BOSWELL (1811-1855) was born in Wilkes County. His father, John Boswell lived in Person County, GA where he married Elizabeth WILLIAMS, also of Person County. It is John BOSWELL who apparently moved the family to Georgia. His father also lived in Person County, NC. His name was James BOSWELL and he married a Susan ?, whom I do not have the surname of. James' father, John BOSWELL, apparently moved the family from Virginia, where he lived and married Ann RANSOM. Any information of these BOSWELLS that anyone may have would be greatly appreciated. I'm rather new at this sort of research, but I've come a long way in a short time. I am also legally blind, which slows things down a bit, but I have all sorts of programs for the visually impaired. Please help. Walt Boswell

Samuel Williams/ Bennett Williams

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, Peed, Roberts
I am researching the Samuel WILLIAMS line. Samuel married Sarah ROBERTS, daughter of David Roberts on January 15, 1803 in Person County, N.C.
David was a witness.
Samuel had a brother named Bennett who married Maria PEED. The deed records that Kent Williams sent to me as he stated are not congruent. However, Samuel seems to be the only one who moved unless Bennett moved to Chambers Co., AL and remarried a Frances Unknown /
~~~~~~~~~
Samuel and Sarah Williams had the following children:
*Jesse Williams Abt. 1810 died February 24, 1858 in Montgomery CO., N.C.
*Lydia Williams Abt. 1810
*Parthenia Williams Abt. 1814 Married Alex Byrom in Robertson Co., TN. Ale
*Elizabeth Williams September 07, 1814 Married John Jackson
*Mary Williams Abt. 1816
*David Williams May 06, 1817 in N.C.
*Bennett Williams Abt. 1819 in N.C.
*Solomon Williams Abt. 1826 Married Mary Ann Smith

Deed records indication these connections.
pg. 163 #262 ELIJAH WILLIAMS to Caswell Vaughn for $102, 50 acres on Cubb Creek adj. SAMUEL WILLIAMS

Is Elijah family?

Last time Sarah showed up in Person County.
Sarah M. Williams witnessed deed from Zachariah Vaughn heirs to their sister, Milly Vaughn.
June 9,1827
DBH pgs 350-351

My family seemed to have lived around the Granville County line. Samuel bought land on Bush Fork Creek around southwest Person County.

I believe that the elder Bennett Williams was SamuelÂ’s father but have no proof of his family.
Bennett sold 1 salve boy to Elijah Williams in 1813.
Was Elijah his son?
Elijah married January 1820 to unknown with Wm. Fowler and Granvill Vaughn as witnesses. Granville is on several deed truncations with Bennett.

Sally Williams was buying land adjacent to Bennett Williams in 1867.
Was she a daughter?

1790 Census shows Bennett in the St. James District

Bennett Williams sold 183 acres to Samuel Williams on Cubb Creek in 1805 in Person County.

1806 J. Layton an orphan was apprenticed to Samuel Williams.

1836 Samuel Williams bought 150 acres from Jonas PARKER. This was land that Bennett Williams had deeded in trust to Parter to secure debts to BennettÂ’s daughter, MARY and JANE for $250 AND ALSO ANOTHER DEBT OF BennettÂ’s for $51. This was the land on which Bennett had lived.

Samuel and Sarah were in Tennessee in 1840 because Samuel was in
Tennessee in the 1840 census. He was at Pickney Gunn's estate sale and owed his estate $2.80.

David Williams, son of Samuel and Sarah married Barbara Elizabeth GUNN October 16, 1839 in Robertson County, TN.

This is where Sarah died.
I am desperately trying to find out more about SamuelÂ’s siblings and parents.
If you can help or connect, please do not hesitate to email me.
Thank you so much,
Nancy in Springfield, TN.

Re: BOSWELL facts from my Aunt Linda Boswell

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Boswell
My name is Darleen Boswell Jones. My Aunt Linda has traced our family of Boswells. You are related to us. Here is what I have. Will send it in 3 separate notes. Hope this helps.
Elizabeth3 Williams (Ann Potter2 Walker, John1 ) was born Abt. 1790 in Person Co., NC. She married John Boswell 29 Nov 1805 in Person Co., NC, son of James Boswell and Susan [Unknown]. He was born Abt. 1784 in Caswell Co., NC, and died in Coweta Co., GA.  Notes for John Boswell:  NOTE: From PERSON COUNTY RECORD BOOKS, book 7, page 51:  John Boswell of Wilkes County, GA., power of attorney to John Holloway to recover from John W. Williams, administrator of Ralph Williams, in the right of wife, Elizabeth, from the estate of John Walker, deceased. 29 Aug 1815. From History and Genealogies of Old Granville County, NC 1746-1800 by Thomas McAdory Owen.  Children of Elizabeth Williams and John Boswell are:  71 i. George4 Boswell, born 10 Sep 1811 in Wilkes Co., GA; died 09 Feb 1835 in Talbot Co., GA. He married Caroline Bates 01 Dec 1831.  72 ii. Joseph Boswell, born Abt. 1813. He married Emeline Presley 14 Jan 1845 in Wilkes Co., GA.  73 iii. [Daughter] Boswell, born Abt. 1815.  74 iv. James Boswell, born Abt. 1817.  75 v. Sarah Boswell, born Abt. 1818.  76 vi. John Walker Boswell, born Abt. 1820; died Aft. 1861. He married Susan Bates 31 Dec 1840.  77 vii. David Boswell, born Abt. 1823; died Aft. 1850. He married Milly Arnold Bustin 21 Nov 1845 in Muscogee Co., GA.  + 78 viii. Stephen D. Boswell, born 1828; died Aft. 1865. 

Re: BOSWELL

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 3:09AM GMT
Surnames: BOSWELL
Earliest Known Boswell Ancestor: William Boswell, born 1774, NC. Married Mary Fuller about 1799; daughter of James Fuller and Mary Fuller. I believe his father was James Boswell, based only on James being the only other Boswell male in the US census living in Person Co NC during the period William lived there. William in 1800 US census, Person Co, North Carolina, one child under age of 5 years. They had about 10 children, though I only have names of some of them. 3 sons and 2 daughters born in NC, names unknown Susannah Boswell, born 8 Jun 1815, NC Elizabeth Boswell, b. NC Kingston G. Boswell, b. about 1822 in NC Burley W. Boswell, b. about 1823 in NC Alexander Boswell, b. about 1825 William and his family moved to Giles Co., TN about 1829; then to Lawrence Co. TN by 1830 where they are found in the US census that year. In Mar 1836, Mary Fuller Boswell filed for divorce from William for "abandonment and failure to provide her with necessities of life) and judge awarded her a divorce and half of William's property (which he apparently had been busily disposing of so that Mary wouldn't be able to have any of it.) In July 1836, William came back to court and asked that the previous judgments be voided as Mary was dead. William married Rachel Clayton, 1839, she was about 16 years old, and they had one daughter, Emily. By 1850, Rachel Boswell is living back with her parents with her daughter. William married Vernettie Greene, 1853, she was about age 18, and they had one daughter, Lidda. William died about 1857, leaving a will with his little dab of earthly possessions to Vernettie. He was about 83 years old when he died
per page

Find a board about a specific topic