Search for content in message boards

Nernberger

Nernberger

Todd Nernberger (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nernberger, Nuernberger

My grandfather, Alfred Nernberger, lived in Taylor county. He married Lillian Brunner, and had three children, Lois (Siedel), Kenneth, and Lee. His father was Julius, and may have been from Sheboygen county. The surname may have been Nuernberger.
Need Help ! Don't know any ancestors beyond my grandfather.

Nuernberger

Posted: 29 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: Nuernberger, Glassel
My husband's grt-grt-grandfather was Michael Glassel, born 4 Jun 1817 in Dietersgrün, Bavaria. On 5 Jun 1843, he married Eva Catherine/Katharina NUERNBERGER/Nürnberger in either Haid, Bavaria or Arzberg, Bavaria. Her father's name was Andres Nürnberger, and she was born 23 Dec 1816 or 1817, in Germany, probably Bavaria. Michael and Eva Catherina lived in Haubrich, Bavaria, until they emigrated on 5 Oct 1845, to Jefferson Co. WI. Michael died ca. 28 May 1855 and Eva Catherina remarried, to Paulus MENZEL. She died 11 Jun 1893, probably in Jefferson Co. WI. Did any of Eva's relatives emigrate to WI or elsewhere in the US?

NUERNBERGER

Posted: 20 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2002 12:39PM GMT
Surnames: NUERNBERGER

I have information on the NUERNBERGER name in Taylor County Wisconsin, and I know that they settled for a short time in Jefferson County, Wisconsin before coming to Taylor County. My great-great grandfather's name was Andreas, and he was born in Habnith Germany on January 29th, 1832. I would be willing to share the additional information I have.

Re: Nuernberger & variations in Milwaukee's German Newspapers Index

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 2:22PM GMT
Surnames: Nuernberger Nuehrnberger Nürenberger Nürrnberger Nueremberger
There were some other early Nuernberger families in the Milwaukee area: I've indexed probate notices from 1850 following the death of a John Nuernberger, survived by Margaretha and John Jr. Besides the umlauted spelling in the German newspapers there are also variations like Nuehrnberger, Nürenberger, etc. The probate court, or the paper, also spelled it Nueremberger until it was corrected.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
For more specific information contact:
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers relentlessly since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions