Search for content in message boards

German Benders *

German Benders *

Amanda (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2001 6:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bender
On my mother's side I have Bender heritage...that is my grandmothers last name. She is Brunhilde M Bender born 1946 in Germany and moved to the US at about age 12 with her sister, Goody. Their parents are Margaret _?_, and Wilhelm Bender, still living, in Germany.

looking for family

JoAnn (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2001 3:41AM GMT
Any information on Wayne Bender, was married
to Irene, had three daughters in Phil. PA.

Bender/Gotz home

Posted: 7 Apr 2001 1:17PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: Gotz, Bender
Do your grandparents live in Nieder-Ramstadt
Hessen? My husband's Gotz family is connected
a Bender family. When we were in Nieder-Ramstadt
last spring we found the Gotz family
home built 1730, later it was a bakery/inn owned
Benders, and today is owned and lived in by
Bender family.

Re: Bender/Gotz home

Posted: 7 Jul 2007 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bender, Baker
There used to be a "Bender's Bakery," in Cresco, Iowa, (my home town), in the 1940s. Don't know where that family came from, or went. Jerry Baker, Cedar Falls, Iowa

Posted: 8 Jul 2007 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Bender, Goetz, Raske
My Bender family is also connected to a Goetz (spelling is somewhat different). My earliest records for this family show Albert Bender (married to Bertha Raske) came to the U.S. from Germany in 1878. They lived in Seguin Texas, moved to St. Louis Missouri where Albert Bender operated a bakery. These would be my great grandparents. They had seven children, one of whom, Mollie Bender, married Albert Goetz. I can only find one child, a daughter named Viola. I do have some history on this Bender family if it is the same one you are looking for.

Posted: 8 Jul 2007 6:49PM GMT
I don't know why I wrote St. Louis, Missouri. I meant St. Joseph, Missouri.

Re: German Benders

Posted: 23 Sep 2007 4:01AM GMT
I am also a German Bender.. Looking for family. Our family Moved from Germany into the states back when the colonies were still around. Then they spread out and we ended up in canada.. some still in maine.. those are all i know of..

Re: German Benders

Posted: 25 Sep 2007 3:40PM GMT
Surnames: Bender, Staudt
Hello,
Another German Bender decendant here.
My grandmother was Susanna Bender (married to John Staudt). of German decent but born in Yugoslavia I believe. She died at age 24 after having 5 children. This grandmother never came to the United States but I would like to search out her ancestry.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 2:52PM GMT
Mr Baker. Did you live in Cresco in the1940s? If so you maybe of tremendous help to me. I just yesterday learned the name of my biological grandmother Doris Barbara Smith b 1906. All I know of my biological grandfather was that he was born around 1915, in the Marines, German/Irish and his brother owned a bakery in or near Cresco Iowa. Would you know anything at all??? Could he have been a Bender? Were there other bakeries in this small town?? Please, if you know anything, I can be reached at ldiamondtx@yahoo.com

Laura diamond
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions