Search for content in message boards

Christain BIble - Greene County, TN

Christain BIble - Greene County, TN

Posted: 21 Jun 2002 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Recently visited Greene County and tripped over the tombstones of Christain and Philip Bible, who show up in the 1787 tax list and muster rolls. I now have all the census records for the Bible family in Greene Co. Anyone interested in them? They're not my family, only collected them because the name was so unique. :-)

Diana

Re: Christain BIble - Greene County, TN

Posted: 21 Aug 2002 5:21AM GMT
Would dearly love to have whatever you have gathered. It seems Christian Bible is an ancestor of mine. I do have a copy of his will. He signed it with an X.

Regards,

David Bible

Posted: 21 Aug 2002 5:59AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2003 3:49AM GMT
David: Would it possible for you so send me a copy of Christian's will. That would be great to have. He was the father of my great grandmother Rhoda Rebecca Bible Thompson.Write me at carole04@earthlink.net
Thanks,
Carole

Diana Muir (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2002 11:58AM GMT
Good morning!

I sent everything I had to the owner of the Bible Family mailing list. She'll be able to give you copies if you contact her. Also, when talking to the Cox Historical Society in Greeneville about Christain Bible, they said they have 'reams' of material on him, in the library. Write to the Cox Historical Library and they'll tell you what they have and how much the copying fees would be, in advance. Dave is very helpful! They have it all the way back into Germany.

Diana

Posted: 21 Aug 2002 4:17PM GMT
Edited: 21 Aug 2002 4:21PM GMT
Diana,

Wow, thanks so much. I'll do that and pass it on to another who is interested in Christian Bible

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2002 2:27AM GMT
Christian Bible(Bibel) is my 3greatggrandfather. I would love any info you have about him. Thanks, Debbie in Ohio

Posted: 10 Sep 2002 4:13AM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2004 9:01PM GMT
thank you so much for your work on this . Phillip Bible is one of my great-------fathers, and i would love to have any info you have thank you john jarrett

Diana Muir (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2002 12:05PM GMT
All the information I gleaned from the records has been sent to the list owner. If you ask her, I'm sure she'll send you a copy. Also, while I was the Cox Historical Society in Greeneville, they told me they have a whole 'shelf' of information on the Bible family. You may want to contact them as well. They have it all the way back to Germany and beyond.

Diana

Roxanne (Bible) Conrad (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2002 1:58PM GMT
Surnames: Bible
Hi Debbie:

I am wondering where in Ohio u are?? Christian Bible is also my 3 gggrandfather. My line is Adam sr., Adam jr., Christian, Harrison, Joshua, Leo, Charles, and then me, Roxanne. Our Christian stayed in Rockingham Va. and is not the same Christian who migrated to Tenn.

Hope this helps,
Roxanne

Anna Halterman (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jun 2003 6:30PM GMT

I am so late in getting on this web sitel, but was interested in knowing if the Philip Bible 's Tombstone you tripped over was born Sept 16, 1763 and died before 1840-- if so he could be myggggrandfather-- the father of my gggrandmother Elizabeth born 3/19/1786 for whom I am trying to establish that Philip was her father.-- any help would be apprecaited.
Anna (Easterly) HaltermanBib
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions