Search for content in message boards

Mississippi Coles

Mississippi Coles

Colleen Mahaffey Maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 1999 6:59PM GMT
Does anyone have any information on James Randorf Mary Elizabeth Cole who raised their children in Delta Mississippi. My grandfather George Arthur Cole was born in 1885 and came to Alabama where he married Sudie Victoria Light. I know my great grandfather had one brother that the family referred to as Uncle Lon. Any info would help.

MS Coles

Valarie Morris (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 1999 12:19AM GMT
I posted another reply on this board relating to Ms. My line came from Columbus, Lowdnes Co. MS. Ring any bells?
Posted: 3 Dec 1999 10:03AM GMT
Edited: 3 Nov 2005 1:55AM GMT
Valarie, Thank you for your post. I really do not know very much about my grandmothers line. I can give you what I have and see if anything matches up. The name Jesse sounds familar. My grandmother Letha Dane Cole married William Ester Smith in Paris, Texas. She had the following brothers and sisters: Boucher Melvin Cole b. 15 May 1884, d. May 1963. Emery Cole, Sam Hewgley Cole, Fred Cole, Spencer Cole, Eliza Cole, Annie Cole, lived in Sherman, Texas and married James M. Huckaby sp? They lived in Maben, Mississippi and moved to Texas where my grandmother married and had her family. They lived in Paris, TX and later Blossom, TX. Look forward to hearing from you. Carol

Cole in MS

Valarie Morris (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 1999 10:43AM GMT
My ggrandmother is Jesse Lorelle Taylor Cole m. Edmund Jefferson Cole. His father was Erasmus Burke Cole. As far as I know they lived in Columbus, MS

Mississippi Coles

Colleen Maxwell (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2000 8:18PM GMT
I have found out that my family hails from Smithfield or Smithville, Mississippi. I also found out my grandfather had seven brothers: Claude, Seaborn, Lonzie or Lonnie, Chester, Ira, and John. He also had two sisters: Lallian who was married to a Todd then a Messer and Lillian who was married to a Rogers and lived in Vernon, Al.
Posted: 17 Jan 2000 1:47PM GMT
vALARIE,
I really don't know very much about my Cole line. I typed in all that I know about them at this time. Do any of them fit with your lines?
Carol

Emery Cole

Posted: 22 Jul 2000 1:45PM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2001 2:56AM GMT
Is this by any chance any relation to Emery Cole from Michigan? Just curious...Emery was my father.
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 9:25AM GMT
Dear Karen,
My Emery Cole is the brother to my grandmother, Letha Cole who married William Esther Smith. She moved from Mississippi to Texas when she was at least 7 years old. I believe that Emery is a middle name. I found this family on a 1900 Texas Census in which Emery is listed as Hayden E. Cole age 13 born in Mississippi 1886. There is also another brother William E. Cole who is listed on the 1880 Tishomingo Co. Mississippi Census age 1 yr old born in Mississippi. Parents born (father) SC and (mother) born Ala.
I would like to know more about your Emery Cole. Look forward to hearing from you. Carol

Emery Cole

Posted: 25 Jul 2000 10:21AM GMT
Edited: 30 Nov 2001 2:56AM GMT
I'm ashamed to say that I really don't know much, that is why I was looking at this site. My father and mother were divorced when I was a baby. I do have some information I can give you later(Have to look it up). For right now all I can tell you is that my father Emery Cole jr. was the son of Emery Cole sr. born and raised in Bearlake Michigan,Manistee County. Our ancestry goes back 100 years in Manistee County, all the way back to what I believe to be my grgr grandfather Sylvester Cole. My father died in 1989, and unfortunately I don't know much. I believe his mother was from Tennessee. I can give you more information if you want, let me know. I do know he had a sister Stella Cole, and a brother Ralph Cole, both from Manistee County.
Posted: 26 Jul 2000 8:20PM GMT
Hello again,
I looked at your information and I don't have anyone in Michigan. That does not rule out the possiblity of still being related. Perhaps your Emery's ancestors came from SC. Families move around.
What year was your father born? You said his mother might have been from Tennessee. There were a lot of Cole's in Tenn. from what research I've seen. We've had them in Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, NC, SC, Texas, I believe also in Oklahoma and Arkansas. Good luck and keep looking something is bound to show up. I've been looking for my mothers family for about 20 some years and finially came up with the information. Also, check the Social Security Appication of your father. He will have filled it out and said who his parents are and his birthdate and place. It costs 7.00. Look forward to hearing from you again. Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions