Search for content in message boards

DALRYMPLE FAMILY: WM., ANNIE, MAY, SUSANNA, RAY, OLLIE, CLARENCE>EARLY 1900'S>NJ

DALRYMPLE FAMILY: WM., ANNIE, MAY, SUSANNA, RAY, OLLIE, CLARENCE>EARLY 1900'S>NJ

Posted: 5 Mar 2002 7:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jul 2004 7:06PM GMT
I am searching for information about the children of William and Annie DALRYMPLE who were all found in the 1905 Washington, Warren County, NJ census. They are William, Annie, May, Susanna, Ray, Ollie and Clarence.

Re: DALRYMPLE FAMILY: WM., ANNIE, MAY, SUSANNA, RAY, OLLIE, CLARENCE>EARLY 1900'S>NJ

Posted: 16 Jul 2002 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Kent, Dalrymple
I do not know about this family but know that our Kents lived in Hampshire Co. Virginia (West Virginia) as well as New Jersey. As I was looking for infomation I found a John Kent whom married Jennett Dalrymple and had a daughter Elizabeth in Hampshire Co. Virginia in the 1780's.

Re: DALRYMPLE FAMILY: WM., ANNIE, MAY, SUSANNA, RAY, OLLIE, CLARENCE>EARLY 1900'S>NJ

Posted: 16 Jul 2002 4:44PM GMT
The Dalrymple family that I listed lived in NJ. I'm unaware that any were found in Virginia or West Virginia.

Posted: 30 Aug 2002 4:05AM GMT
I am looking for the same family. Ollie married a Ritzer (first name unknow) had a child William Young Ritzer born 1915. found in the 1920 census Ollie and William lived with her parents William Y. Dalyrmple and Anna A.. also lived there were Nellie R. daughter age 18. Clarance T. son age 14. i have just started my search on the Dalrymples so i have little info. William Young Ritzer was my grandfather. This info. i found in the 1920 census Warren Co. N.J. E.D. 181 sheet 2A

Posted: 4 Sep 2002 4:27PM GMT
Annie A., Ollie's mother, was the daughter of Sylvester Hazlett, born 1839 and Abigail ?, born 1833.
Annie was born in 1867; died in 1948. Ollie's father, William Y. Dalrymple, a blacksmith, was born in 1864; died in 1926,

Annie's Hazlett siblings were Phillip Alfred , born 1861; John, born 1868; and Theodore, born ?.

Ollie's siblings were: May A., born 1887, Ray P. born 1892/4; Nellie R., born 1901; Clarence T., born 1905.

In the 1905 Washington Township census, William Y. is age 41; Annie A., age 38; May A., age 18; Susanna, age 16; Ray P., age 13, Ollie J., age 7; Nellie R., age 4; Clarence T., age 4 mo.?; Abbie Hazlett, a widow, age 71.

In the 1910 census, William Y., age 46, blacksmith; Annie, age 43; Ray, age 18, laborer; Ollie, age 12; Nellie, age 9; Clarence, age 4.

Buried in the Asbury Methodist Cemetery are: Sylvester and Abigail Hazlett; William Y. and Annie A. Dalrymple; Ray P. & wife, Susie T.; Nellie R. & husband Fred G. Anstett; also Raymond S., born 1913 & Betty J., born 1923 (Ray and Susie's children ? or Ray and Susie's son and daughter-in-law ?)

Bob Riddle (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2002 11:33AM GMT

karen (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2002 11:12PM GMT
I would think that there would be some kind of connection between them. i did come across a cummins in one of the census. i wrote it down just in case he was a relative. i will have to search through my notes and see what i can find.
you can e-mail me directly at sham_payne3@excite.com. i will keep in touch.

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 12:08AM GMT
There is an error here. W. & Annie (Hazlett)Dalrymple's son was Roy P. and not Ray. Roy P. Dalrymple's obituary in the Easton Express of 17 July 1966 reads as follos: Roy P. Dalrymple, 74, of Washburn Ave. Washington, died yesterday in Warren Hospital after a long illness. Mr. Dalrymple formerly worked as a blacksmith, a millwright, and a mechanic, and was a retired miner at the Allenwood Steel Co. in Oxford Nj. Born in Asbury NJ he was the son of William and Annie Hazlett Dalrymple. He was a member of the Port Colden Methodist Church. Survivors include his widow, the former Pearl Brink, a son Lester, Manhattan,Kansas; a daughter, Mrs. Dorothy Schaffer, Butler Park, NJ; a brother Clarence, Phillipsburg; three sisters, Mrs. Ollie Hoffman,Washington; Mrs. Nellie Anstett, Sturgis, Mich; and Mrs. Mae Snyder, Easton; nine grandchildren and five great grand children. Roy P. Dalrymple and his wife Pearl are buried in the Summerfield Church cemetery. I saw the grave myself and it can be found on find a grave.com .There appears not to be any Ray in this branch of the family.

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Dalrymple
This is correct. Roy P. Dalrymple is my grandfather. I was 9 years old when he died. I have vague memories of his siblings. His son, Lester was my father. He died in Aug 2004. We moved to Manhattan, KS in 1962.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions