Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM SIMMONS FAMILY FROM WALKER CO GA

WILLIAM SIMMONS FAMILY FROM WALKER CO GA

Posted: 1 May 2004 9:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Mar 2006 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: SIMMONS
I need help identifying this family from the Georgia 1850 Census for Walker Co. Township: Taylor Ridge Valley.
William Simmons 46 m farmer from GA
Mary Simmons 48 f SC
Martha Simmons 18 GEO
Hariet J or I Simmons 16 f ALA
Nancy M Simmons 13 f ALA
Sarah M 12 F ALA
Amanda 11 F ALA
Arminda 11 F ALA
Permelia F 9 F ALA
Emily C 5 F ALA
James Dial 18 M VA
Any help would be appreciated.
Faye Elder

Re: WILLIAM SIMMONS FAMILY FROM WALKER CO GA

Simmons Information Exchange (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2004 3:06AM GMT
Dear Faye: Researchers on this line tell me that this is William Simmons married to Mary Puckett 12 24 1822 in Gwinnett county, Ga.
This couple had other children also:
Alexander born 1823
William Thomas born 1824
Agnes Caroline born 1826
Mary born 1827
John Wesley born 1829
Peggy Hill Peggyhill@prodigy.net

Posted: 2 May 2004 3:21AM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2006 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: SIMMONS, MEADOR(S)/MEADOW(S), WEST
I am interested in this family because I believe there is a chance he was related to my ancestor, Margaret Simmons Meador(s)/Meadow(s). She and 3 West children are listed on the same page as William in the 1850 Walker Co GA census. Before moving to Walker County she and her husband, Abraham Meador(s)/Meadow(s) lived in Walton County GA just next door to Gwinnett County. Margaret and Abraham married in Oglethorpe County GA.
If you have any additional material that would help me locate the parents of William Simmons, I would be deeply appreciative.
Faye Elder

Simmons Information Exchange (View posts)
Posted: 2 May 2004 3:50PM GMT
Dear Faye: Not sure I can explain all this here.
1st a question: Would you give me the complete listing for the 1850 census where you found Margaret Simmons Meadors? Also, do you know the father of Abraham Meadors?
I believe your line goes back to a William Simmons who died in Oglethorpe county about 1808. This will names children: William Simmons, Samuel Simmons and son in law Jesse Simmons. It is this Jesse Simmons who is believed to be the father of William who married Mary Puckett.
The will mentioned above implies that William had other children but they are not named.
From circumstancial evidence, I believe the others to be:
Elizabeth Simmons who married Alexander White in Oglethorpe
Peggy (Margaret) Simmons who married Abram Meador
in Oglethorpe
Then, there was a will filed for a William Simmons in Morgan County, Ga. I believe this William was the son of the William named above. The will names wife, Biddie, (William Simmons married Biddy Sims 3 15 1810 in Oglethorpe county) This will was proven by Abraham Meador.
He names brother in law, Alexander White as executor of the will along with wife Biddy.
If you will EMail me your address, I can expound on this a bit more. Since we are dealing with circumstancial evidence, it all takes a bit of explaining.
Peggy Hill

Re: WILLIAM SIMMONS FAMILY FROM NC/OK

Posted: 18 Apr 2005 4:32PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2005 7:13AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons
Hello all,
William H Simmons is my great great grandfather. I was hoping one of you could help me to verify the information I have with census records, wills, etc. Any help at all would be great. Thank you all in advance.
Here is the information that I have been told. He was b June 12 1846 in North Carolina and d February 14 1918 in Oklahoma. His parents were William Simmons born about 1799 and Matilda C. Nelson born June 10, 1817 in Caldwell New Jersey d. January 9 1893. He was married to Nancy Jane Felmet b August 1857 in Georgia.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions