Search for content in message boards

Mary Rogers

Mary Rogers

Posted: 2 Mar 2001 12:47PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:58AM GMT
Hi I'm looking for any information on my greatgrandmother Mary Rogers, maybe Mary Jane Rogers. She married a Harve Crisp her children were William Harrison, Sarah, Mary Josephine, Janie, Miller and Dara Crisp. The Crisp family is from NC. Graham Co. I'm not sure where her family may have come from. Tammymarsh@CS.com

Rogers in North Carolina

Robert William Rogers (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 1:15PM GMT
Tammy - please tell me about your Rogers line in North Carolina. Mine are from Yancey/Buncombe county area.
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 3:34PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 3:51PM GMT
Hi Robert, my Rogers are from the Bumcombe Co. NC. they go as follows, as I have them.
William Rogers
Mary

Hugh Rogers, B.1785
Betsy Henderson, 1791

Posey Andrew Rogers, 1821
Elizabeth Henderson, 1892

Harriet Rogers, 1857
Issac Turner Hall,

I have a lot on the Hall, which came from Haywood Co. NC. just starting on the Rogers line thanks for any help you can give.
Paula Smith

Rogers family in NC

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:23PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:58AM GMT
Thanks Robert for getting in touch. I don't know much about my Rogers family, only that my great grandfather Harve Crisp was married to Mary (maybe Mary Jane) Rogers. Their children were William Harrison Crisp (born around 1884, he was my grandfather.) Sarah Crisp, Josephine Crisp (born in 1878), Janie Crisp, Miller Crisp, and Dara Crisp.
Harve's parents were Tom Crisp and Alice "Addie" Phillips. They live in Graham Co NC. In 1920, they lived across Stecoah Mountain in the Tuskeegee Section of Graham County. The Children of Tom and Addie Phillips Crisp were Simp, Harve, Carmel, Clyde, Lelah, Neal, Rilla, Mary, Emily, and Rena.
I know that Mary Rogers before Harve did, because he remarried to Eliza Waldrop and they had seven more children.
After his Dad remarried to Eliza Waldrop my grandfather William Harrison Crisp went to live with the Farleys. He lived with them and worked for them. Later he married one of their daughters. The Farleys were Clayton Farley nad Eliza Carringer Farley, they had eleven Children. My aunt says the Farleys and Crisps lived next to each other.
Anyway like I said, my information is very, very limited.
Thanks for any help.
Tammy Marsh
Tammymarsh@cs.com

Rogers, Mamie Dell (married a Potter)

Posted: 7 Mar 2001 6:37AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 6:10PM GMT
Paula, Do you by any chance have a Mamie Rogers in you tree. I do not know where she came from but, she married a Potter and they settled in MS in the late 1800's. (In the Pontotoc/Tupelo area.) Good luck in your search and any help you can give me will be appreciated
Posted: 7 Mar 2001 4:25PM GMT
Hi, sorry I don't have her name. but that doesn't mean anything. I am just starting on the Rogers side. I know the oldest was Hugh Rogers, then Posey Rogers and Elizebeth West. sorry,Paula Mccarter Smith

Rogers/Smith

Michael Springman (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 2001 6:17PM GMT
I have Smiths in my Rogers Tree from Callaway County Missouri. Murl Rogers married Albert Smith and had 3 children Shirly Ann,Margaret Marylin,John Lee. Michael email mspring@piasanet.com
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 2:53PM GMT
Hi, that is all I know about my Rogers. The only one I know that married is Harriet m. a Hall. They were from Bumb co. NC. I wish I could help more, but just starting on this line.
Paula Mccarter Smith, allenslady@hotmail.com

Rogers

Michael Springman (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 3:14PM GMT
Thanks for the reply. If I can help with anyof yours emaim me at mspring@piasanet.com I have alot of CDs that I can look thru Thanks Again Michael

Re: Rogers in North Carolina

Betty Hutson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2001 2:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
Robert, My ancestors were from Buncombe Co., N. C. in or around the Lieciester Area. Please tell me about your ancestors. My ggfather was Adam Franklin Rogers. I believe his father to be Anderson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions