Search for content in message boards

Search for Dendtler Family Info

Search for Dendtler Family Info

Stewart Dendtler (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dendtler
Looking for any information on Dendtler family on St. Croix. My great grandfather came to the island from Denmark. My father was born there in 1914, but moved to the USA when he was about 16 years old. The family lived mostly in Fredriksted, but also had a presence in Christiansted. My father and all of his siblings are now deceased. I did some preliminary genealogy work at the Whim Plantation library in 1997. I would greatly appreciate any information you can provide about my father's family. Thanks !

Dendtler relatives

Richard Bond (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT

What were your relatives surnames you can increase the likely hood of a hit if you include them.

Dendtler

Yvonne (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
I am researching Dendtler's in Australia and have traced them back to England around 1860, however, I have not been successful in getting any further.
I have also found another strand of Dentler's (without the D in Australia). I am not sure if these are related or where they came from as yet.
What was your grandfathers name ? They all appeared here between 1890 and 1914. Unfortunately the first war didn't help the Dendtler population at all.
Please feel free to email me directly.I would love to hear some more of what you know. Maybe we can help each other.
Yvonne

Dendtler Family

Stewart Dendtler (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Yvonne ....

Just saw your posting today. I am the Rev. Robert (Bob) Dendtler's cousin who has been in touch with you recently by e-mail (which he has been so kind to copy me on as well). I'm fairly new to this genealogy stuff, and it sounds as if you have invested a fair amount of time yourself. Afraid I don't have anything new to share with you at this time, but will keep you posted as information becomes available. The Dendtler name is not very common, so I suspect there is a link between Denmark, Great Britain, Australia and the USA Dendtlers ...... nobody's put it all together yet, but eventually I'm sure we will. Now that Bob has retired, I'm sure he will be spending more time on this research & we will be coordinating our efforts. Keep us posted on any leads you come up with, and stay in touch.

Kindest regards ....

Stewart

Finlay

Richard Bond (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Finlay

If you look on the historical refrence page on this site under St Croix Census for 1841 you will find a family of Finlays living at Orange Grove and a house with a Finlay landlord on the adjoining estate Richmond.

danish source and smalltalk

Steen Ørndorf (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT

Re: Dendtler Family

Posted: 21 Mar 2002 12:43AM GMT
I've just subscribed to a trial subcription to Ancestry.com and discovered the series of communications between Yvonne and Stewart. I am Sharon (Dendtler) Walker, oldest daughter of Knud Dendtler, brother to Stewart's father. I'm intereseted in finding out any information about our parents' lives on the Virgin Islands, as well as any ancestoral (sp) info from Denmark. I know nothing. Can either of you help? Thanks.

Posted: 18 May 2002 7:23PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2002 9:09PM GMT
I have information on Dendtler family back to Denmark my great great grandfather.

Posted: 3 Jun 2002 9:23PM GMT
Sharon, please contact me at my e-mail address and I can fill you in on lots of information on the Dendtler Family. i will be in Germany from June 9-21 and will be seeing Claus Dendtler who I am sure is a relative

Re: Search for Dendtler Family Info

Posted: 4 Jun 2002 2:37PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2005 2:24AM GMT
Surnames: DENDLER
Hi! I know I've seen a number of DENDLERs in old St. Croix census reports fro Christiansted. I can't recall exactly which census years at the moment, but I think I have a print-out of one for my own research and a DENDLER family is on the same page. I'll check my pile of papers when I get home and see what I find. In the meantime, have you searched for the name at www.familysearch.com? Might turn up a few clues.

Will get back to you.
Diane I.
dti "at" nyc.rr.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions