Search for content in message boards

Adams, Stokes, Hardee, Smith

Adams, Stokes, Hardee, Smith

Amy Ellis (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2001 12:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching my ancestors from Chicod Township. If anyone knows of ancestors of John Brock Smith (b.1858 d.1936); John Adams (b.1789/1800 d. abt 1880); Samuel Stokes, Sr. (b.abt 1720 d.abt 1770) or Margaret Hardee (b. oct 1777), all of Pitt County. Any information is appreciated!

Re: Adams, Stokes, Hardee, Smith

Posted: 9 Nov 2001 8:28AM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2003 4:44AM GMT
I have info about Margaret Hardee, she was daughter of William Hardee b 1756 S/O Andrew Hardee and Averilla Vine,
and Nancy Stocks b 1755 D/O Isaac Stocks and Margaret unk.
Margaret married James Stocks jr S/O James Stocks S/O Samuel Stocks and Sarah unk S/O Samuel Stokes who came to America in dec. 1701 to Bath County, NC.

Posted: 14 Apr 2009 1:49AM GMT
I am trying to find William Stocks, father of Guilford, Wylie, Redding, Hilory, and others. His birthdate would be 1700s, since his sons were born late 1700s, early 1800s.
I'm not sure whether he was born in N.C., Georgia or Virginia. His brothers were Isaac, John and others. Not sure whether his father was an Isaac, John or William.
Guilford is my direct relative who migrated through Alabama and Georgia finally settling in Mississippi with his wife Susan Taylor.
If you have any information on the origins of this line, I would greatly appreciate it.
Debbie

Posted: 22 Oct 2009 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: Stocks Taylor Bonds Hardee Causey Heard
Hello, there!

I am VERY interested in finding out about this family.

Nancy Stocks is a direct relative, and I know the Hardees and Stockses were very close in North Carolina.

We have been trying to find out who the first Stocks was to come to America in this line. I know that Isaac and John were brothers who immigrated, I believe, from Virginia to Pitt or Beaufort, N.C. and were large landowners there. Nancy was daughter of Isaac. Which Margaret are you referring to who married James Stocks? Margaret Hardee. YOu know that Nancy married a Hardee also. Where did James come in? Was he a brother of Isaac and John? This could answer some questions many of us in the Stocks family have been puzzling over for years. Thank you. (debbie@boizelle.com)

Posted: 28 Dec 2009 3:18AM GMT
I have been researching the Stocks family for several years now. We have traced back to Beaufort/Craven/Pitt Co, North Carolina. I saw your entry. I believe my Hillary Stocks is the son of Isaac Jr. in a first marriage, or someone else there, and is a descendant of John Stocks, probably, brother of Isaac Stocks Sr., both of whom were large plantation owners in early NOrth Carolina. Nancy was the daughter of Isaac Sr. So who were James Stocks and Samuel Stocks and Samuel Stokes? Were they the same family? Were the Stokes immigrants Stocks in this country? Do you have sources for this information? I am working hard to try to trace this Stocks family to their place of immigration and back to Europe.
I anxiously await your reply.
Deborah B.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic