Search for content in message boards

bales' from ceres, bland county

bales' from ceres, bland county

Posted: 27 Jan 2010 8:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: bales cregger
i am looking for info on my great grandfather and his brothers that lived on a the mountain in ceres. my grandfather samuel d. ,his brothers enoch china and albert. i've heard stories that when they were coming down off the mountain, that one of them was murdered (shot). does anyone know the validity of this story and where they are buried.
also looking for cmetery where great-great-grandfather james r bales and wife mary polly perkey bales are buried.

Re: bales' from ceres, bland county

Posted: 19 Nov 2011 7:50PM GMT
I can help with the Bales. Am Bland County genealogist
email me at jotickle@gmx.com. Jo Ann

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 6:42PM GMT
They are buried in Red Oak Cem. in Ceres.
Do not know about shooting.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 6:52PM GMT
Surnames: bales, stowers, umbarger, foglesong
thank you. i did find my great-great grandparents grave a bout a year ago with the help of a local gentleman, Mr. Kidd. he met with me and my sister and showed us around the cemetery and the church.
which shooting are you referring to?
since you are local, can you tell me about my great aunt, SaraH Bales, who was murdered, supposedly by a Mr. Suiter.
my late aunt, Frances Bales Stowers, said she believed it was behind her house which i believe was the Stowers homeplace (behind Tommy's house) up on the hill. appreciate any local info you can give me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions