Search for content in message boards

Gilbert aka Gudbrand Larson Haselhaugen

Gilbert aka Gudbrand Larson Haselhaugen

Posted: 2 Jun 2013 8:08AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jun 2013 8:09AM GMT
Surnames: Larson, Wintrone, Hanson, Haugen, Haselhaugen
I am looking for any information on Gilbert Larson. His last name in Norway was Haselhaugen and he later went by the name Larson. He was born to Lars Gilbertson Haselhaugen and Ragnhild Gudbrandsdatter.

Gilbert was born 6 Apr 1851 in Norway and he may have married Annie Marie Knudson? I did find a marriage record for a Gilbert Larson and Annie Marie Knudson who were married in 1890 in Dallas, Barron, Wisconsin.

There is a census from 1900 that has a Gilbert Larson along with wife Mary and children Gunda and Charles as living in Oak Grove, Barron, Wisconsin.

Marie is listed on the 1900 census as having been the mother of 11 children so I believe this was a second marriage for her as Gunda was born in Norway and came to America in 1883, and Gunda's brother, Charles, was born in Wisconsin in May 1883.

Also of note is that on an obituary for Mrs. Ragnhild Haselhaugen, it mentions she leaves behind two sons: Gilbert Larson and Christ Larson. Also daughters Mrs. T. A. Wintrone, Mrs. Knut Hanson, and Mrs Chas. Haugen of Rice Lake.

I believe that Gilbert Larson lived in Barron County as he was mentioned in the obituary as though people would know who he was. Just my gut feeling.

Re: Gilbert aka Gudbrand Larson Haselhaugen

Posted: 2 Jun 2013 2:02PM GMT
Hi

Found following:
1920 Census WI Eau Claire, Eau Claire
Larson, Gilbert, 70, NOr, NOR, NOR, Immi 1893/5, AL
Larson, Carl, 33, WI
Larson, Gilbert. 20, WI

WI Birth
Clara Louise, d/o Gilbert Larson & Anna Maria Olson on 25 Oct 1902. Bradford, Rock County
Gilbert O., s/o Gilbert Larson & Anna Maria Olson on 13 Aug 1899 in Bradford, Rock County

On http://ezproxy.uwstout.edu/ics-wpd/Newspaper_Index/index.sht...

Christ Larson
Dunn County News
pub 8 Apr 1926
loc 06-01-02
obit

Christ Larson
Dunn County News
pub 8 Apr 1926
loc 07-01-01
Local news
death

T A Wintrone
Chetek Alert
pub 12 Nov 1915
loc 03-1-6
Death

T A Wintrone
Barron County News Shield
pub 13 Oct 1922
loc 03-01-03
Birthday

To get copies of the above, go to
http://www.uwstout.edu/lib/archives/arc-researcj.cfm
Fill out the form and submit.

Hope some of this helps.

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 8:07AM GMT
Edited: 3 Jun 2013 8:10AM GMT
I will look into those. Thank you. I have been in contact with the U of W Stout for other articles and appreciate your leads.

Christ Larson (Gilbert's brother) died in 1934, so this is not his brother. I do have a lot of info on Christ Larson. I do have the obits on T. A. Wintrone that you referenced. Thank you!

I do like the leads on Clara and Louise...I will look into those.

Thank you!

Cheryl

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 1:06PM GMT
Surnames: Larson, Louis, Wintrone, Haselhaugen, Severson, Olson, Krans
Unfortunately I don't have any information on this Gilbert Larson, but I'd be interested to learn what you find out as he would be a distant cousin.

His parents (Lars Gilbertson Haselhaugen and Ragnhild Gudbrandsdatter) each had a sibling that also married, resulting in "double cousins". That couple was Lars Gudbrandsen Finneplassen (brother to Ragnhild Gudbrandsdatter) and Randi Amundstua (sister to Lars Gilbertson Haselhaugen). They had 7 children and 6 of the 7 immigrated to Barron County as well. Most took the surname of LOUIS.

The oldest son in this family was Gilbert Louis, born 18 December 1851, and who married Mary Nordhagen, which means you have double cousins named Gilbert Larson/Louis both born in 1851 and both married to a woman named Mary living in the same general area! The other children were: Olina (Larson) Severson b. 1854, Gunhild (Louis) Olson b. 1858, Kristina (Louis) Krans b. 1860 [she is my great-great-grandmother], Rasmus 'Ross' Louis b. 1862, and Johan Louis b. 1863. The sibling who remained in Norway was Ronnaug (Gulbrandsdatter) Haugerudbraten b. 1855.

I would be interested in exchanging information and getting a copy of the obituary you have for Mrs. Ragnhild Haselhaugen. I have a copy of her death certificate and photos of her and her husband's grave markers if you're interested, as well as those of some of the Wintrone family you mentioned. My e-mail is willmickelson@yahoo.com. Thanks and good luck!

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 1:41AM GMT
Are you kidding me on the double cousin thing? I don't think I can take it! I have not even delved into siblings of Lars or Ragnhild...I guess now I have to!

I will email you on your email!

Posted: 22 Jul 2013 12:32PM GMT
Wow, so glad I found this. Do not know too much about Gilbert/Gubrand, but a bit more about Lars and Ragnhild. Their siblings Lars and Randi are my ggg grandparents. Have you read the book the husmand? It is written by his niece (Elsie's daughter).

I have just spent 3 weeks in the US visiting relatives. Leaving Texas and Chris' gg child today. Back home to Norway. I live only 10 minutes away from the Haselhaug farm.

Send me an e-mail or contact me on facebook.

Gunhild Støa

Posted: 25 Mar 2014 1:10AM GMT
I have the book "The Husmand" somewhere in my house, but I have not read it yet. Now, I cannot find the book...I will have to search. :)

I do apologize for the delayed response to your post.

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Posted: 26 Mar 2014 8:39PM GMT
If you're on facebook, you should join Our Group: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=492095274197888 (Finneplassen Family)

Posted: 13 Jul 2014 9:59AM GMT
Just asked to join the fun on FB! Thank you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions