Search for content in message boards

Stockbridge.MA Lookup Help

Stockbridge.MA Lookup Help

Bill Cole (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2004 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: COLE
I wonder if someone in the Stockbridge area could go to the Town Office and check to see if ALONZO COLE's death is listed in the town records.(He was born 3 October 1819 in Putnam County, NY and died about 1890, plus or minus 5 years) If NO, that's it. If YES, could you send me the date and place of his death? He may have been living in West Stockbridge or Richmond when he died. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated.

(His second wife, Maria is buried in Greenlawn (Lower) Cemetery in Housatonic, MA. She died in 1899 and is buried with her first husband, William H. Pixley).

Thanks for any help.

Bill Cole
Naples, Florida

Re: Stockbridge.MA Lookup Help

Posted: 9 Oct 2004 2:39PM GMT
I don't know if this will help but 1880 census has him living with his son hiram's family in richmond

Re: Stockbridge.MA Lookup Help

Bill Cole (View posts)
Posted: 12 Oct 2004 5:09PM GMT
Thanks Carol,
I do have that census information and that's about the last I know of him although he did marry again and have another child. His second wife is buried with her first husband (William Pixley) in the Housatonic, MA lower cemetery (Greenlawn). I found her obit in the Great Barrington newspaper (July 1899) and all it says is that her second husband "Mr. Cole died some years ago". I figure somewhere around 1890 to 1895. Since I posted my first message, I did take a trip up to the Stockbridge Town office and they had nothing on his death so he probably died in Columbia County, NY where his son Hiram had moved to.
Bill Cole
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions