Search for content in message boards

kennedy's from Brown Co, OH

kennedy's from Brown Co, OH

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 8:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kennedy, Shepherd
I'm descended from Hugh W & Minerva Logan Kennedy of Sardinia, Brown Co, OH through their son William Hopkins Kennedy. They also had dau. Margaret who married George Watson and David Shepherd of Brown Co before coming to IL to mar 3nd husband Isaac Mahan. They also had son James Logan Kennedy who married Melissa Horne and had 7 children in IL. They also had son Addison who in 1880 was running a hotel in Brown Co.
Searching for other Kennedy descendents of this line as well as other Kennedy lines from Brown Co, OH

Re: Kennedy's from Brown Co, OH

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 2:54PM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy, Rummery
Someone had asked about other Kennedy's in Brown County. I have an unknown Kennedy who had sons Michael and William. Michael was married in 1819 to Hannah Rummery in Brown County and William was married in 1817 to Nancy Rummery, also in Brown Co.
My interest is in the Rummery's, who connect to my Boothby line, so I do not have anything further on the Kennedy line. Perhaps someone else will have more?

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 11:41PM GMT
I have several Williams but no Michaels that I know of. You could contact the Brown Co genealogical society in Georgetown, OH. There are a lot of Kennedy's in their various history books.

Posted: 1 Feb 2009 12:06AM GMT
Hannah & Michael are my great grandparents. Hannah Rumery's parents were Moses Rumery and Elizabeth Boothby. Michael and William are the sons of William and Sarah Kennedy who migrated to Clermont Co. about 1811 from Allegheny Co. Michael's son Moses also had Hopkins for a middle name. Do you know where that came from? The library at Brown Co. has a copy of a book I wrote showing all the Kennedys and that particular line. It is entitled "The Kennedy Family Westward Bound."I am sure it will be help to anyone looking them up. Gloria Kennedy Lott,

Posted: 1 Feb 2009 12:54AM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy of Brown Co, OH
I'm on the trail of that Hopkins. It's appeared a couple more times and when I made the original post I had no idea how many Brown Co people ended up in McLean Co, IL. I'm finding a lot of trails backwards. I visited the Brown Co society last July. Alas, a brief visit but the person gave me several history books. I did not know of the Kennedy book. Do you still have some for purchase?

Also there is a Moses in my line so there may be a connection for us. I have not seen the Rumery name before. Where does that come in?

Posted: 1 Feb 2009 12:57AM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy of Brown Co, OH
I'm on the trail of that Hopkins. It's appeared a couple more times and when I made the original post I had no idea how many Brown Co people ended up in McLean Co, IL. I'm finding a lot of trails backwards. I visited the Brown Co society last July. Alas, a brief visit but the person gave me several history books. I did not know of the Kennedy book. Do you still have some for purchase?

Also there is a Moses in my line so there may be a connection for us. I have not seen the Rumery name before. Where does that come in? Did you see the other comment about the Rumery line or was that you. I get a little confused on these things.

Posted: 1 Feb 2009 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Kennedy, Peters, Rumery, Boothby
When I mentioned William and Michael Kennedy, I didn't notice that I also have a Lydia Kennedy, born abt 1820 and married 6 May 1838 in Brown Co to Moses H. PETERS.
Could she be a daughter of William or Michael? There has to be some conection, because Moses Peters is a son of Abraham Peters and Sarah RUMERY -- Sarah being a daughter of Moses Rumery and Elizabeth Boothby. Does anyone have information on Lydia?
Somone else gave me this information on the Rumery line, but if I remember, they were from Maine.

Carol Wilson

Posted: 1 Feb 2009 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Vandam,ent, Kennedy, King, Lewis
Just another note on Kennedy. I have some information from a relative on my VANDAMENT line that a Vandament married a KENNEDY, no first names were known, but they had two daughters, Barbara Vandament who married William KING and Beatrice Vandament who married Frank LEWIS.
The Vandament's were in both Brown and Clermont Counties. I have no dates for the marriage of this Kennedy/Vandament, but am hoping someone will recognize the two daughters. Maybe we can connect this Kennedy, too.

Carol Wilson

Posted: 1 Feb 2009 4:09PM GMT
Surnames: Rumery/Kennedy
I do not have access to your book in Brown Co. In researching the Hannah (Rumery) Michael Kennedy family, I found the following children: Mary Ann b 1825 m. (1) Wilson Leonard (2) Abraham Liming; Elizabeth Jan b 1828 and Sarah b 1828 (twins); Michael Kennedy b abt 1835; Hannah C. b abt 1839; and 2 sons (names not known)one b bet 1820-1825 and one b bet 1830-1835. I think Moses is one of these unknown sons. Does your research agree with the above children? Do you have Moses birthdate and is he the Moses H. who married Margaret Srofe/Sroufe on 8 Dec 1844? Would be delighted with help in sorting out the Kennedy relationships.
Lois Derrough

Posted: 2 Feb 2009 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: KENNEDY
I don't think this is my Kennedy family but William Hopkins Kennedy 1831-1898 had a son name Lucien Moses as well as sons with middle names of Aram and Ambrose. If you look back through the replies you will see others with the RUMERY information. My Brown County Kennedys always seem close but no cigar. Wish I could figure that out. William's parents were Hugh and Minerva Logan Kennedy. Does that help?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic