Search for content in message boards

Hughes family in Mississippi

Hughes family in Mississippi

Jerry Dawson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hughes
I'm searching for any information on the ancestors and descendants of ABRAM (ABRAHAM) HUGHES b. 1786 Fairfield S.C. married to SARAH b. 1793 N.C.. ABRAM first appears on the 1820 Pike Co., MS. census and tax records and remains in Pike Co.,I'm assuming, until his death. He and his family continue to show up on the Pike Co., census records until 1860 - nothing more after that. His family on the 1850 census includes JAMES HUGHES JR., SARAH HUGHES, WILLIAM HUGHES, MINERVA HUGHES, ENDSLEY (INSLEY) HUGHES (my grgrgrandfather), MARTHA HUGHES, EMILY HUGHES, JACKSON HUGHES AND ANOTHER WILLIAM HUGHES. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted: 23 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 10:30AM GMT
Surnames: JOHN EDWARD
I am looking for John Edward Mansfield and Elizabeth Jane Hughes. Their daughter MARY ETHAL was my paternal grandmother and her husband was WILLIAM JACKSON CRAWFORD.

Re: HUGHES

brandie (mansfield) parker (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2002 8:29PM GMT
in reference to john edward mansfield, he was married to elizabeth jane hughes.
john birthdate: 1872 in illinois
elizabeth birthdate may 5,1873
they had 5 children
mary ethel, oscar freeman, florance, charley, and elma mansfield.
charley raymond was my great grandfather, he married clois case.

john edward mansfields parents are milton masfield and mary jane sharp

Re: Hughes family in Mississippi

Posted: 17 Feb 2003 8:27PM GMT
The other "William Hughes" was my great, great, great grandfather. William "Bill" Hughes b. 1825 was married to Luvenia Hughes. They had 3 boys: Franklin "Fate" Lafayette Hughes, Thomas Jeffererson Hughes and Jesse James Hughes. My gg-grandfather "Fate" Hughes had a son named "Eunice Buford Hughes". Eunice had a son named "Ottis William Hughes". Ottis had a son named "Earl Hughes" who was my father. All of Pike County, McComb, Mississippi area. There were other brother and sisters above, but I only listed my line. Thanks

Re: Hughes family in Mississippi

Brent Hughes (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2003 7:10PM GMT
Follow-up Correction:
1.) My line is to William "Bill" Hughes, the first William listed, not the "other William" listed(1838).
2.) Williams son name Thomas was Thomas W. Hughes, not Thomas Jefferson Hughes.
3.) Thomas Jefferson Hughes was one of Goodman Hughes' sons. Brother to Abram, Isaac...
Posted: 31 May 2010 7:36PM GMT
Katie Florence Mansfield Huffstutler was my Grandmother daughter of John Edward Mansfield and Elizabeth Jane Hughes. If you have any information, please contact me. Thersia.Hilderbrand@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions