Search for content in message boards

William Kennedy-KY

William Kennedy-KY

Lisa Forshee-Dowell (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 2003 2:49PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: Kennedy
Taken from book: Kentucky Obituaries 1787-1854... I have no additional information on this person.

Capt. William kennedy of Campbell County, died May 16, 1799.

Re: William Kennedy-KY

Posted: 14 Nov 2006 9:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have quite a bit of additional information on this William Kennedy, including Rev war details, his son James Kennedy and many of their descendents. Looking to correspond with others from this family line.

Posted: 14 Nov 2006 9:44PM GMT
I have quite a bit of additional information on this William Kennedy, including Rev war details, his son James Kennedy and many of their descendents. Looking to correspond with others from this family line.

Posted: 20 Dec 2006 3:20PM GMT
I am researching to see if I am related to this particular William Kennedy, for I have several in my family. What other info do you have on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard Kennedy

Posted: 28 Dec 2006 3:25AM GMT
Hi Richard

Have much info on William Kennedy (entire chapters too long for this board), his son James and their respective descendents. If you'd like to give me an email or mention here with names places and dates that you have I can see what I might match up with records I have here.

Key things of note I suppose is that this William came from Scotland and had been married to a Miss Jean Gregg of Maybole, who is the mother of James - and her surname appears often in the family names as a middle name mostly for the women.
His son James married Elizabeth Warren and they had several children, intermingling with the names of Beall (or Beale), Reade, Garrard, Molyneaux, Dameron, Brough and Ball among others.

William Kennedy served in the Revolution (as well as an Indian War or two as I recall from memory) and lived for time in Virginia (charlotte county) where he married his second wife Mary Lindsay was a widow and her birth surname uncertain. They had but one daughter who married Benjamin Beall.

William with his son in law were known as surveyors and William managed to survey much of Kentucky where he ended up on a huge piece of land in Campbell County. The Kennedy's are also widespread in Lincoln County, Mason County up into Ohio near Oxford and Hamilton. Our family has some correspondence from and to William, including his copy of the letter he wrote to his family back home to let them know while he was land rich (and he most definately was) but money poor and could not send for them.

I have many records of the Kennedy family thanks to a distant cousin's scrupulous notes on virtually every descendant of William and James Kennedy up to about the early 1900's.

So I might be of help if you let me know what names you're looking for and I might be able to find other info you need.
Elizabeth
plinkmusic@aol.com

Posted: 4 Jul 2007 12:12PM GMT
Surnames: KENNEDY
In your data would you have a Hugh J KENNEDY bc 1790 NC (I think) and/or a Robert J KENNEDY bc 1801 they both ended up in TN. Thanks Linda

Posted: 10 Dec 2007 10:41PM GMT
Searching for parents of James Kennedy b 1788 South Carolina d 1876 Buried Rison, Cleveland, Ar, Wilson Cemetery married Zilphia Linsay. Military headstone

Any help you be greatly appreciated.

Re: William Kennedy died 1799 KY

Posted: 2 Jul 2008 2:09AM GMT
My family has a missing William Kennedy named in the 1751 will of his father Daniel Kennedy in present Berkeley, WV. William's whereabouts is unknown and he could have died c. 1799 in KY where other relatives relocated. A genetic male Kennedy can give DNA and compare to my family's DNA results available on Family Tree DNA. That would prove or disprove a relationship without any doubt. Members of this Kennedy family moved to KY, East TN, and Rowan/Burke, NC in the 1700's.

Re: William Kennedy died 1799 KY

Posted: 3 Jul 2008 3:23AM GMT
Hi there -
I can pretty much 100% guarantee that this William Kennedy isn't your lost Wm Kennedy.
This William (died Campbell co 1799) was the son of James Kennedy of Cumnock, Ayrshire, Scotland (I have the parish records and the family documents).

However, you may want to take a look at another, found further south towards Tennessee (wayne county maybe?). I recall running across him and his family once and there was some information about how they would cross the state lines frequently enough - some settling in TN, then KY and a generation later going back to TN. Does that ring any bells?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions