Search for content in message boards

Jerry Lee Lewis

Jerry Lee Lewis

Elizabeth Shontell Fulford (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2000 1:41PM GMT
Hi I was woundering if anyone could help me with a few things? My father's name was Joel Fulford and he was first cousins with Mickey Gilley,Jerry Lee Lewis, and Jimmy Swaggert.Thier mothers were sisters.I need to know what my father's parents names are or the other's parents names. All I know is that the four cousins grew up together in Ferriday,La or Epps,La

Jerry Lee Lewis

REBECCA A BURROW (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2000 9:38PM GMT
I have been told that I also am related to Jerry Lee, MIckey, Jimmy on my mother's side. My g'father,who died when my mom was very young, was Laffyette Leon Lewis from In. or Ill. He was married to Daisy. they had 3 kids Pasty, Johnny Doris. I have been trying to find out more but have had no luck. you can email me at slotcandy@hotmail.com. my mom was born in Marshall,Ill. in 1939.

Jerry Lee Lewis

Elizabeth Shontell Fulford (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2000 1:35PM GMT
What is your mother's name? I am doing reserch on the Gilleys and on the Fulfords.

Jerry Lee Lewis

Rebecca Burrow (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2000 10:39AM GMT
my mother's birthname is Doris Jane Lewis DOB 4/4/1939 in Marshall, Ill.

Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted: 26 Nov 2000 8:51PM GMT
Edited: 10 Aug 2002 7:25PM GMT
I've also been told I'm related to Jerry Lee, Mickey and Jimmy on my dad's side. But that's all I know. My dad's mother dad died when he was 7 or 8. His mother was Mattie Elizabeth Hough and his dad was Thomas Walter Lewis. Sum total of all I know since dad died in 91.
Posted: 16 Dec 2000 7:34AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 1:27AM GMT
Wes,
Have you gotten birth or death certificates on any family members? These sometime help as they have listed parents of subject and also where subject was born and where parents were born. They are not always right but it is worth a shot. Please contact me at lakota@supernet.com - I have some Gilley and Lewis info - don't know about Jimmy Swaggart yet; his Mother must have been a Gilley or Lewis.

Re: Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted: 21 Nov 2002 10:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lewis, Gilley, Swaggart
To Elizabeth Shontell Fulford~ I have tried to email you several times and they keep getting returned. I am researching the Gilley, Lewis, Swaggart families and am interested in sharing info with you. Would you please email me at twcomeaday@msn.com. I would sure appreciate it. Thanks for your time and I am looking forward to hearing from you~ Sherry

Posted: 4 May 2010 1:04AM GMT
I am also related to him. =D On my dads side as well. And you know just has much as I do about it. I do believe he is my cousin. =D

Posted: 5 May 2012 9:53PM GMT
I have a book on the Gilley family tree that takes the ancestry all of the way back to Francis Gilley in the 1700's. Which branch spawned Jerry Lee Lewis, Mickey Gilley and Jimmy Swaggert?

Posted: 14 May 2012 4:00AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Lewis, Gilley, Swaggart
I am not related to any of these celebrities, but I did a quick lookup on Wikipedia. In case you don't already have this information, this is the condensed version of what Wikipedia has:

Lewis was born [Sept. 29, 1935] to Elmo and Mamie Lewis in Ferriday in Concordia Parish in eastern Louisiana, and began playing piano in his youth with two cousins, country music singer Mickey Gilley and TV evangelist Jimmy Swaggart.

Mickey Leroy Gilley was born [March 9, 1936] to Arthur Fillmore Gilley and Irene (Lewis) Gilley in Natchez, Adams County, western Mississippi. Gilley lived just across the Mississippi River from Louisiana where Lewis grew up. Gilley, Lewis, and another cousin Jimmy Swaggart played piano together as children.
Jimmy Swaggart was born [March 15, 1935] in Ferriday, Louisiana, to Willie Leon (a.k.a., "Son") and Minnie Belle (née Herron) Swaggart. With his parents, Swaggart attended a small, 25-member Assemblies of God congregation in Ferriday. On October 10, 1952, Swaggart married Frances Anderson. Their son, Donnie, was born in 1954.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions