Search for content in message boards

Newspaper and Death Certificate Lookup - Clyde O. Burton

Newspaper and Death Certificate Lookup - Clyde O. Burton

Kathy Towe (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2003 5:35PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 23 May 2006 10:39AM GMT
Surnames: Burton
I am hoping someone can help me. I am trying to give closure to my 87-year-old aunt who never knew the true details of her uncle's death.

His name was Clyde O. Burton. He was the police judge of Lexington, KY, but had just admitted himself to Highland Hospital in Asheville, Buncombe County, for melancholy when he met his untimely death or suicide. According to the Lexington newspaper excerpts, there was an original article run in the Asheville papers. I would like a copy of any information. They would be greatly appreciated. He died late August (25-29th) 1936. He should also have a death certificate filed in the state. I would like a copy of that as well. I will gladly pay for any copies. I am in Western Kentucky and not able to do this myself at this time.

Many thanks.

Re: Newspaper and Death Certificate Lookup - Clyde O. Burton

Posted: 15 Dec 2003 5:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
I will look for him on my next trip to the court house and library.

Kathy Towe (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2003 7:17PM GMT
Hi,
Thanks very much for your reply. I have already received the information so you don't have to look. I am very appreciative of your offer. I should have posted a reply to myself earlier and didn't.
Thanks again,
Kathy Towe

William David Hawkins

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2004 11:07PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2006 10:40AM GMT
Surnames: HAWKINS
Terri Jo, Can you contact me off list?
About William David Hawkins who died at Black Mountain in 1924. Thank you, SharonBoyerBates@aol.com

Posted: 25 Dec 2012 4:01PM GMT
My grandmother, Bess Sproules, born 1903 died 2000, was engaged in 1924 or 1925 to Judge Burton, They had rented an apt and were ready to get married when my grandmother broke it off. From the stories I remember he was devastated and so was my grandmother's father, Newton Sproules, who was a big buddy to Clyde. Also the owner of Milward's funeral home in Lexington was a good friend of Clyde Burton. My Mom. who is 86, was just talking about this yesterday, she wanted to see if I could locate his obit. She remembers that he walked out into the woods, away from the hospital, and cut his wrists. If your Aunt is still living, my Mom would be willing to talk to her. She has a ring, that he gave my grandmother and refused to take back from her.Sorry if this info comes too late.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions