Search for content in message boards

RUSSEL Davenport-Montgomery Co, IN son of ABRAHAM?

RUSSEL Davenport-Montgomery Co, IN son of ABRAHAM?

Posted: 30 Dec 2011 9:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davenport, Campbell, March, Wynn, Simms, Semmes
Looking for any information about RUSSEL Davenport(1806-1880), who I believe was b. in Clark County, KY, m. abt 1828 to SARAH CAMPBELL (1805-1879), and moved to Montgomery, County, IN before 1830, where they had their children. In particular, I'd like to confirm that Russel is the son of ABRAHAM Davenport (1780-1866 of Berkley, VA, now WV) and MARY "POLLY" MARCH (1789-1872), the grandson of STEPHEN Davenport (1749-1802) and EASTER VERLINDA WYNN (1755-1836), and ggrandson of immigrant ABRAHAM Davenport(1714-1789 and MARY SIMMS (SEMMES) (1724-1796)

I have information about Russel and his descendants, but cannot confirm with confidence the connection between Russel and those mentioned above, so would appreciate any help.

Re: RUSSEL Davenport-Montgomery Co, IN son of ABRAHAM?

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 2:38AM GMT
Surnames: Humphries
I saw that you posted something about my great great grandfather, Doc Franklin Humphries and was wondering what the relation may be. I have been doing a family tree for a few years and have so many walls to slam into that any lead would be amazing.

I am not yet a paying member of Ancestry.com but will be soon...I hope. :)

Angela Marie Humphries Rector

Posted: 18 Jul 2014 9:38PM GMT
Abraham and Mary/Polly (March) Davenport moved to Boone Co., MO, where he died in 1866. They have no known descendants.

Posted: 18 Jul 2014 9:44PM GMT
Evans and Thompson, Wills and Administrations of Boone Co., MO, p. 94:
DAVENPORT, ABRAHAM & JOHN - No. 2211 - Will. Gr. Nov. 17, 1866. Wife, Mary Davenport; Lucy Fenton w. Joel Fenton; Ann Elizabeth Drane, Martha Jane Tipton, Lettie Fenton, Martha Stone; Susanna Barnes my niece; Lucinda Goslin d. of Reubin Goslin; Stephen Davenport and James Davenport, sons of my bro, Samuel S. Davenport; three sisters, Catherine Encemenger and Verlinder Davenport living in Ill., and Elenor Tyre living in state of Ky.; to my niece Margaret Vanlandingham and her two daughters Mary A. & Sarah A. Vanlandingham; John Rummons' s. Lander Rummons; bro. John Davenport; Mary Ellen Rummons d. of Wm. Rummons; Silas R. Davenport, James W. Davenport, niece Verlinda Jones; Daniel M. Davenport; Milton Davenport s. of James Davenport; to Wm. Rummons and George W. March; Caleb Fenton to be Executor. Wit. Mar. 28, 1864 Lemuel Batterton, James J. Fenton & Caleb Fenton.

NOTE by VED: I am not entirely sure how to interpret this abstract. I suspect that Abraham Davenport was a brother of John, and had a wife but no children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions