Search for content in message boards

MCKIERNAN(MCKERNAN)

MCKIERNAN(MCKERNAN)

John Strunk (View posts)
Posted: 10 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for information relative to my great grandmother Sarah Ann Elizabeth McKiernan who was born in Ireland on 18 September 1836. The year may be approximate. Any aid would be most appreciated. Thank you.

McKiernan

Posted: 7 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jul 2001 2:49AM GMT
Surnames: McKiernan
I have a Sarah McKiernan who died April 29, 1829, in Co. Antrim, at the age of 60. Her husband's name was Henry McKiernan. He died Jan. 18, 1845. Could there be a connection. I believe they were my ancestors but I cannot find a direct connection other than their place of burial to the area of Antrim my father was from.

Re: MCKIERNAN(MCKERNAN)

Posted: 4 Aug 2002 5:13AM GMT
Surnames: gormley mckearnan, mckearney
my grandmothers name was sarah ann mckearnan, born about 1865 possibly in linaskea fermagh, she married my grandfather patrick gormley in 1893
hope this helps
mary ann

brophy (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2003 1:25AM GMT
LOOKING FOR MARY ANN GRIMLEY GRANDDAUGHTER
OF SARAH MC KERNAN.
IM SURE YOUR FATHER PATRICK WAS MY GRANDMOTHERS BROTHER. iF ANY KNOWS MARY ANN GRIMLEY PLEASE FORWARD Your posting is almost 2 years old but im hoping someone will see this
CONTACT ME AT broph4@earthlink

John T. Strunk (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jun 2003 4:59PM GMT
Surnames: McKiernan
My great grandmother Sarah McKiernan married Jesse McNew. They didn't have a son named Patrick.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help.

John Strunk

Posted: 23 Nov 2005 2:43AM GMT
Since my original reply to this posting, I have found the following information which could fit into your time period.

My paternal great grandparents were HENRY McKERNAN (as shown on the Tithe Applotment records)/ McKIERNAN and SARAH McCAIGUE/McCAUGUE. Some kind soul in the UK sent me some information he found on my family in UK records, while he was researching his family.

James b. 1839
Isabella b. 1842
Henry b. 1844
Charles b. 1847

I also found a descendant of another daughter, Mary. Mary's estimated year of birth is 1840. This Mary had a daughter named Mary Ann.

Their father, HENRY McKERNAN/McKIERNAN mentioned above is listed as being on the townland of Turnaroan, in Culfeightrin RC Parish, Co. Antrim, in the year of 1831. This HENRY and SARAH, as far as I know, are also buried in the same cemetery, as the HENRY and SARAH mentioned in my original reply.

One of my father's many siblings was also a Sarah.

The year of 1836 would fit into this time. Unfortunately, I do not have access to UK records to find the other siblings of my grandfather, Charles. The UK records I seek, for whatever reason, were not filmed by the LDS and I don't see any trip to Ireland in my future. So I'm still hoping there are other McKERNANs/McKIERNANs researchers out there who belong to my Co. Antrim line. (Or those who might have any connections to my Co. Leitrim line, siblings of my maternal grandfather, of the same surname name.)

Posted: 22 Oct 2007 11:00AM GMT
I have a Henry McKerney(McKearnan) and a Sarah McCaig(note different spelings from above)in my tree. They would be my maternal line Gt,GT GPs. Their daughter Margaret(b: circa1859-1861) married Robert McAllister. His parents were Charles McAllister and Mary Ann Stewart married in Culfeightrin in 1844.

Robert and Margaret moved to Scotland{Glasgow area) they had at least 10 children

Posted: 8 Dec 2012 9:37PM GMT
I am also tracking this line. Sarah Anna Mckiernan and Jesse Mcnew were my grand parents on my father's side. I seem to be at a dead end.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions