Search for content in message boards

Kiraly and Kiska familes of Boldogkovaralja, Hungary

Kiraly and Kiska familes of Boldogkovaralja, Hungary

Tim (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2004 1:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kiraly, Kiska
Hi, My GGGrandparents Andras Kiraly 1865 - 1951 and Zsofia Kiska 1865 - 1949 lived and are buried in the Village of Boldogkovaralja. Would like to know more about them and their family lines just to see how far I can go, plus what is the name of the cemetery they are buried at.The were both Catholic if this helps. Thank you for any info you can give.

Re: Kiraly and Kiska familes of Boldogkovaralja, Hungary

Posted: 3 Dec 2004 4:42AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2006 3:35PM GMT
Tim

Some websites :
A map of Austria-Hungary :
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/austhung.htm
The old 1910 Hungarian megye map is at :
http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910
The LDS-Mormons (Family History Center) website is listing church records of Boldogkovaralja. You can order the films and gather ancestral information.
www.bmi.net/jjaso to familiarize yourself with church wording.
www.fam.aust.com/topolcsany/names first name translation website
www.matav.hu/english/index.html Hungary's phone site
www.boldogkovaralja.hu
www.rat.de/kuijsten/navigator

Posted: 25 Jul 2005 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Kiska, Kiraly
This may be a connection to your Zsofia. My great grandmother was Maria Kiska married to Andras Boczan both of whom lived, died and were buried in a neighbouring town called Abaujker. The RC parish records identify many Kiska in Boldogkovaralja and the neighbouring towns of Arka and Boldogkoujfalu. I have not as yet identified her birthplace but the family oral history describes her as a very devout Catholic and was chosen by her parish to attend the Holy Year celebrations in Rome in the year 1900. She died in 1925 and on my last visit I had the family 'sir' gravestone restored and her name appears on the new inscription. A memorial stained glass window in the tiny Peter & Paul RC church in Abaujker (undated but probably after 1910) was dedicated by her (ozvegy Boczan Andrasne).

One of my next genealogical projects will be to trace the Kiska line and if Zsofia is connected I shall post the result.

On my visit to Boldogkovaralja in 2001 and 2002 with my cousin who was born in that town we found two surviving first cousins and the birthplace of my cousin who left Hungary at the age of 4 years. Her father's family were the Jaczenko. Next to her birthplace is a home still occupied for the last 100 years by descendants of the Kiraly. There is a stone memorial in front of the house which has the Kiraly family name inscribed on it.

As far as I am aware, there is but a single cemetery in Boldogkovaralja but earlier cemeteries close by, possibly at the base of the castle on the lands of the Zichy and Pechy noble families or close to the RC church built by the Pechy family about 1760 across the road from their manor house. If there are earlier cemeteries their markers were usually simple wooden crosses which would have been lost over the centuries. Surviving carved stone monuments probably do not date earlier than 1850.

Posted: 6 Dec 2005 2:20PM GMT
Hello,
My name is Maria. I live in North-East Hungary in Borsod-Abauj-Zemplen county. I can help to you. My email address is: marialehun@yahoo.com

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 2:07AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jul 2011 2:08AM GMT
Surnames: Magyar, Kiraly, Boczan
Hello! 6 years have passed since your posting and I stumbled across your message. My husband is related to Andras Boczan & Maria Kiska via their first born son Janos Boczan (B 06Aug1869, D 11Mar1949). Janos's tombstone photo is on my tree site on Ancestry.com (Gehring tree). I can email to you if you like. I would love to have the photo of Andras's grave and other data if you have been able to go back further with Boczan or Kiska. I also have Kiraly on our side; Maria Kiraly (1860-1931) married to Janos Magyar on 05May1884. Her parents were Andras Kiraly & Anna Kostsak.

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 2:43PM GMT
Surnames: Boczan Kiska Magyar
It appears we have a match with your husband's Gehring family.

Andras Boczan and Maria Kiska were my great grandparents on my maternal side of the family. Their son Janos (my grandfather) whose dates match those in my records is buried in Abaujker Hungary.

I have done research in the area of Boldogkovaralja, Abaujker and Miskolc on three occasions, the last being in 2003 when I arranged to have the family grave marker in Abaujker restored and cleared of brush. The stone was badly deteriorated and inscription barely discernable.

The family names of Magyar, Boczan, Kiska are all connected to my mother's Boczan family. I am connected to the Gehring in Ontario Canada through my cousin Mary Boczan living in Pickering/Ajax Ontario married to a Gehring and possibly a connection to your husband.

I have a wealth of genealogical info on the maternal side of the family which I am happy to share with anyone having an interest. My email address is kocsis_nick@sympatico.ca

Regards, Nicholas

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 2:54PM GMT
WOW! Mary Gehring is my mother-in-law. Her son is Rick, my husband. I will email you our tree and we can go from there ! My email is rgehring2@aol.com. I will email you shortly with a tree that hopefully I can attach !

Posted: 8 Nov 2011 1:16AM GMT
Surnames: Kramner, Boko , Dienes
I'm looking for the Dienes and Krammner family from Boldogkovaralja. Dienes Margit Margaret emigrated to Usa around 1908 . got married to Gustave Boko and lived in connetticut, than later in Bellingham Washington .I was told there are relatives in Canada too. Margaret had two sisters Maria and Katalin.
Anyone there know more about these families??

eva
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions