Search for content in message boards

History of Bland Co., Centennial Corp.

History of Bland Co., Centennial Corp.

Posted: 11 Feb 2010 5:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been looking for source material/person for the biographical information on Berkley Dodd, page 154, of the History of Bland County, by the Bland County Centennial Corporation. It refers to his grandfather, William Dodd, of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, serving in the Revolutionary War.
Thank you,
Pam Mashburn

Barclay K Dodd, grandson of William Dodd

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 6:02AM GMT
Hi, Pam -

What information do you need? The correct name, by the way, is Barclay K Dodd. I am a descendant and have general information going back several generations, as well as information on his children and some grandchildren. His grandfather, William, served in the Botetourt County, VA militia.

You can contact me directly (morgan1201@gmail.com) or here.
Morgan

Re: Barclay K Dodd, grandson of William Dodd

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 2:59PM GMT
Morgan,
My husband descends from Barclay's brother James, b. 1821-1823. I have a lot on their father, and grandfather William, but I have not found any evidence one way or another about the statement in the book of him serving in the Rev. War in PA. I have the information about him in the 56 District Militia in VA. Is it a family story, or is there documentation for the PA connection?
Thanks,
Pam

Re: Barclay K Dodd, grandson of William Dodd

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 6:01PM GMT
Hi, Pam -
I don't have any documentation that he served in PA; the Harris' 56th District Militia (VA) is what I have for his service, as well.

I do know that William's son, also William, married an Elizabeth Leffel (Loeffel), whose father John and grandfather Balzar both lived in the Berks County, PA area during the Rev. Both are DAR Patriots, although neither were documented (that I know of) as having been soldiers. Perhaps that information got tangled and ended up wrong in the book you have?

I would love to trade Dodd information with you - I know quite a bit about Barclay's family but not about your James's family.

Best -
Morgan

Re: History of Bland Co., Centennial Corp.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 6:46PM GMT
the Centenial Corp is no longer. You'd need to write or call the Bland Co. Historical Society, Bland, VA 24315. They'll get it.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 6:47PM GMT
the Centenial Corp is no longer viable. You'd need to write or call the Bland Co. Historical Society, Bland, VA 24315. They'll get it.

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 6:48PM GMT
The Centenial Corp is no longer viable. You'd need to write the Bland Co. Historical Society, Bland, VA 24315
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions