Search for content in message boards

WELLONS

Posted: 28 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Apr 2006 1:13PM GMT
Surnames: WELLONS, WELLINS, WELLINGS
I and several others are researching the family of JOHN WELLONS known to have resided in Southampton Co. in the early 1700's. His wife was ANNAMARIAH. Most interested in his son HENRY WELLONS. Any information on this family will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kaye Strause at lkstraus@muscanet.com (this address begins with a small letter "L", not an "i").

John Wellons

Posted: 23 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Oct 2001 8:22AM GMT
I am researching John Wellons of Southampton County, Virginia, who resided in Sedley. He resided there all of his life, which would be sometime in the 1800's. I have no information on his parents; thus I'm wondering if your John Wellons had a son named for him. This John Wellons was married to Martha Alice Hundley.
Posted: 9 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 15 Feb 2004 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: Wellons
Iam also looking for Wellons but iam looking for Daniel Wellons. he is my husbands father who left his family about 25yrs. ago in wa. State. We belive he is a decendent of the Creek Tribe. My husband has a son from another marrige who is half Native American, it would be really helpful if we could find him and his family. We know that his Father is John. We heard it could be John Farmer and his wife is Margret Farmer. If that helps you out any. thank you. We live in Wa. State in Ferry County in the town of Keller.

Re: WELLONS

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 3:24AM GMT
I am researching this line as well. My line is from that of William Shelley Wellons b. January 19, 1794 in Johnson Co., NC and d. February 21, 1852 in Crawford Co. GA. He is said to be a decendant of John and Annamariah Wellons. I am very interested in any proof that you may have of his connection and what you may have going further back. I am also interested in where the name Shelley came from. Was it a surname??? Any help which you could offer would be greatly appreciated (also anyone else whom may read this). My email address is: wcummings@numail.org

Re: John Wellons

Posted: 23 Feb 2004 3:49AM GMT
I am also researching John Wellons of Southhampton Co. Virginia. I am a decendant of his son, William Shelley Wellons. He was b. January 19, 1794 in Johnson Co. NC and d. February 21, 1852 in Crawford Co. GA. I know very little info before his birth; however, I have fairly extensive infor after his birth. I would be greatly interested in any info that you might have. I am also interested in finding the origination of the name Shelley. It was probably a surname??? Please contact me at your earliest convenience (or anyone else who might read this and have valuable info). My email address is: wcummings@numail.org
Thanks for any assistance which you might be able to give.

Sincerely,
Shelley

Teresa (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2004 11:39PM GMT
Please e-mail. I have 19 Wellons' buried in the cemetery in Sedley, Virginia. 2 of them named John Wellons. Thanks

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2004 2:23AM GMT
Hi Teresa!

They are my kinfolks! I have a house in Franklin that I'm at part time. I have John Wellons back to Annamariah and John Wellons. How are you connected to the family? I'm always interested in finding living relatives. In fact, one of the Wellons' plots belongs to my cousin - the one up front, on the right, as you enter the cemetery gates. I own the Rollings plot, almost across from it, that also has Wellons' in it - my grandmother, to be precise. Hope to hear from you.

Joyce
Posted: 25 Jul 2008 11:22AM GMT
Hello, I have read through all the mail pertaining to the name Wellons, and I too am looking for information. My father name was Charles Michael Wellons(from Mi) and his father name was James Wellons(From Mi by way of the south) and I think I found his father which was Howard Wellons, not sure if it's right though. I am just getting started with this. But I do know that they migrated from the south maybe Alabama or Georgia. If you could share some informtion with me, I would greatly appreciate it. My email address is ayannatj@hotmail.com

Re: WELLONS

Posted: 29 Jul 2009 1:44AM GMT
Bruce Saunders
Bs4403@verizon.net
562-4403
Monitor of the Southampton Group’s website and cemetery recorder.

I’m updating my files.
We’ve added quite a bit of genealogy information on-line and thought you like to know about it.

If you don't mind I'd like to get your name and address for my personal records only and any updates on email addresses and Surnames you’re working on in this area.
I will post your name and email address only on our Surname list (located under "files" on the Group Website)

I guess you know our cemeteries, newsletter and CSA records are listed on-line:
This also includes Suffolk/ old Nansemond County cemeteries as well and some bordering North Carolina cemeteries.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~vaschs/

We have a genealogy website with over 250 members, you can post pictures, questions and more. I also post what’s new for the area.
There is a Surname list with who is working on what families – great place to find distant cousins and share genealogy. FREE always.
Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southamptonhistory/

I've started putting old obituaries on-line, so far 1906 - 1921 and some of the 1950's from the Tidewater News (Franklin's hometown newspaper) http://www.usgwarchives.net/va/southampton/obit.htm

Our webmaster, Cliff Hedgepeth also has a website with old Quaker records, military links and other helpful links.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~vaschs/cah1.htm

We recently digitized all of the Southampton Courthouse books from 1749 - 1880 and are currently indexing them with every man, woman, child and place.
They are going on-line as they are finished: About ½ have been done.
www.brantleyassociation.com

Isle of Wight cemetery records and more are on-line also: next county to us http://www.iwchs.com/

Suffolk Nansemond Historical Society also have a website.
snhs@verizon.net

I've put over 150 Bible records on-line as well at the Library of Virginia. They also have the Southampton County Death records, census and CSA military cards.
http://www.LVA.virginia.gov/

I'm trying to identify everyone in our cemeteries with Full names, Parents and Spouses Full Names, if you can help with even one at the time I would appreciate it. I also collect Bible records for this area (Southampton County/ Franklin, Suffolk, old Nansemond County-now part of Suffolk, and Isle of Wight County)

Our Yahoo Group is a little quiet right now because we've got 40 or more working on the indexing project; but if you post a question, someone will probably try to answer you.

Let me know if I can help you and please send me you name and address and who you’re working on.
Thanks,
Bruce Saunders
Bs4403@verizon.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic