Search for content in message boards

Joas

Posted: 19 Oct 2001 2:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Mar 2002 2:17PM GMT
Surnames: Joas
I'm looking for information about a couple marriages... i don't know the wife's maiden names... Any help on man or woman is much needed.
Walter Joas m. Catherine, last residence = Stockbridge
Albert Joas m. Marcella, last residence = Hilbert

Any information on any Joas folks would also be appreciated.
Thanks for reading.

Re: Joas

Virginia (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2001 9:36AM GMT
Amanda,

I don't know if there is any connection, but when I was teaching, I had a JOAS in class, who was from Chippewa Falls, Chippewa County, Wisconsin

Virginia
Posted: 25 Oct 2001 12:56PM GMT
Surnames: JOAS
I haven't found any of my JOAS folks in Chippwwa, but I also don't have much info at all for a lot of people. E-mail me at nelson_al@yahoo.com and let me know their name and maybe other info you may have. Thanks! - Amanda

Lori (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2001 1:44AM GMT
My paternal grandmother's maiden name was Anna Joas. They spent some time in Appleton and then Oshkosh I think, before moving to the Chicago area.
Posted: 27 Nov 2001 3:06AM GMT
I don't have an Anna Joas on my list... Do you know other information - who she married, children, etc? There may be a connection that I just don't know about. Thanks for posting.

Lori Eatman (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2001 12:59AM GMT
She married a Rohde. George (her oldest) was born in 1916. Then she had five girls, Marion, Mable, Ruth, Dorothy, and Margaret (Marge). I can't remember now what order the girls were born in. They were all born in Wisconsin.

Lori Eatman (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2001 1:02AM GMT
By the way, I had an uncle Pete, an Uncle Al, an Uncle Herman and an Aunt Sophie (actually they were my dad's uncles) who all lived in
Wisconsin but I am not sure which side of the family they all were on - some may have been on the Joas side and some on the Rohde side.

Posted: 19 Oct 2002 12:10PM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2002 3:00PM GMT

Here in Finland is a little place called Pyhtää, where my family (Joas) has lived since 1750, but we don't know where our roots are. There aren't any Joas in other parts of Finland...
Posted: 30 Dec 2010 12:52AM GMT
I am searching for any information on my paternal great, grandfather Sylvester "Vesteri" Joas (Joos in Finland?). He married my great, great grandmother Anna Maria Linnemaki in Alajarvi Finland, and emigrated to the US in 1911. I believe he was originally from Veteli Finland, but his family was suppose to be Swedish. His father was Andrew Joas and mother Mary Linnemon?
Vesti made passage for my grandmother and their two-year old daughter Aune in 1913. I believe they may have gone to Nelsonville, Ohio to be with relatives (sister Anna and brother in-law Matti). Their second daughter was born in St. Louis County, Wisconsin.

Vesti sadly died in 1916 from black lung working in the coal mines. All I have from him is a photo of him in the hospital with his young family. I would appreciate any information anyone might have on these Joas from Finland.
My email is degroot_jennifer@yahoo.com. Thank you.
Posted: 30 Dec 2010 2:00AM GMT
I know this was first posted awhile ago but...
My great grandmother's sister was Kathryn Nadler and she married a Joas. I know the spelling of Kathryn can vary and I don't know the first name of the Joas she married. Kathryn most likely was born in Chilton which is near Stockbridge. Not sure if this is right or not.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic