Search for content in message boards

WHITTINGTON/ADAMS early 1800's

WHITTINGTON/ADAMS early 1800's

Posted: 2 Dec 2000 5:27PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 2:32PM GMT
Need information on William Whittington and Rachel Adams who had a daughter Rhoda Whittington, born 1824. Rhoda married Charles B. Snow in Illinois in 1843. Any help appreciated.

Illinois Whittingtons

Lisa Brandt-Whittington (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 2000 8:59PM GMT
My husband's grandfather was Hickman Whittington who lived in Whittington, Illinois (Southern part of state). We have a family bible that traces his roots to Dick Whittington of London. His Aunt Grace is Hickman's last remaining daughter; she is 97 years old and as sharp as a whip. Does this help you at all?

IL Whittingtons

Posted: 8 Dec 2000 4:16PM GMT
Well, I did find the names I was looking for, but that's all I have. I'll hang on to your info in case there may be a connection somewhere. Thanks for your reply!

Hickman Whittington

Posted: 10 Dec 2000 9:59PM GMT
Edited: 23 Aug 2002 3:40AM GMT
Hickman (as I have it) was born in 1869, son of Joseph Whittington and Mary Ann (Polly) Williams. Joseph's parents were (Thomas) Azariah Whittington and Elizabeth Lacy. Joseph's sister, Elizabeth (Betsy Ann) was wife to my great great grandfather Jackson Adams. Lots more information here if we connect. Let me know.
Rick

Wm WhittingtonRachel Adams

Posted: 31 Dec 2000 5:36PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2001 11:56PM GMT
I have a connection with your William. Wm R, Son of Benjamin Whittington and Mary Elizabeth Carroll was born approx 9-9-1800. married Rachel Adams, Franklin county, Il about 1821;Children: Joseph c., Rhoda, Betsy Ann, Mahala, Telitha, Harriet, benjamin f, Jospeh Carl, Caroline,Mary, William Green. Only information on Rhoda is a birthdate 10/10/1824. Benjamin is an ancestor of mine so I have information beyond him to 1620 in England.

Wm Whittington and Rachel Adams

Posted: 31 Dec 2000 6:30PM GMT
Tina, Hi! It's nice to know I'm not the only one researching this family! For years I've not run into anyone else with info on them. I have info on Rhoda's marriage and children, if you are interested. Could you give me some general info about the family? Email me direct, I'd love to talk more. Popekid2@aol.com

your family bible info

Posted: 31 Dec 2000 6:41PM GMT
Am a decendent of southern Illinois Whittingtons. I am g-daughter of John Frederick W. son of James Beatty W. son of Willis W. son of Joseph W.(who came to Franklin County, Illinois in 1828, son of Benjamin W.

I began my quest on a history fair assignment for my 12 year old who wanted to know if she was related to Dick Whittington, so your info would be especially interesting since we could not find proof.

Any info would be appreciated!
email @ cdpowers@ptialaska.net
Thanx!

family bible information

Posted: 2 Jan 2001 11:06AM GMT

My info concurs with yours

Posted: 2 Jan 2001 11:11AM GMT
My information concurs with yours. It starts with Colonel William Whittington coming to West Moreland County Virginia from England in 1656. He settled on a grant of land made to him by whom it is not known (it bordered on the Chessepeak Bay (sp?). His decendants scattered over Virginia then emigrated to South Carolina and Georgia from whence Azariah Whittington emigrated to Illinois about 1829. Azariah had 11 children. My information goes on from there. Let me know if you would like me to fax copies of these pages to you. Lisa

family bible info

Posted: 2 Jan 2001 11:49AM GMT
My fax number is 907-262-0832. This is my office fax, so if you can send it to my attention it'd be great!

I so appreciate your sharing this info. I have Whittington info back to Gentleman William Whittington, but not beyond that.

I am a decendent of Benjamin Whittington born 1775 Maryland; died in Indiana. Then Joseph, Willis, James Beatty, Frederick John Whittington b: 1880 in Franklin County, Illinois was my g-father. I'd be happy to share any info I have.

My email address is cdpowers@ptialaska.net

Thanks!
Tina D
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions