Search for content in message boards

Freeman M. Thurston of Salisbury

Freeman M. Thurston of Salisbury

Posted: 23 Jul 2008 3:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for burial location of Freeman M. Thurston of Salisbury. His first wife, Mary, was buried in Mt. Riga cemetery - does anyone know if he was, too? Freeman served in 2nd CT Heavy Artillery. A son, Freeman Douglas Thurston, lived in Naugatuck. Thank you! Steve

Re: Freeman M. Thurston of Salisbury

Posted: 31 May 2012 2:49AM GMT
yes both Freeman and his second wide Eliza Rossiter are buried in the Nt Riga cemetary. We were up there last year. Do you know ho Freeman's parents were? I am stumped

Thanks Coleen

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 5:51PM GMT
Hi Coleen,

Thanks very much!

I don't know for certain who Freeman's parents were, but this Rossiter Family Tree here on Ancestry reads that his father's name was also Freeman and that he was from just over the state line in New York:

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/19532850/person/19868831085

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Steve

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 4:03PM GMT
Thanks Steve- its too funny but that link takes me to MY TREE- LEARY ! Since posting the question I found a Freeman that is the right age and proximity to be Freeman's (of Salisbury) father but I really have no proof.

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 4:23PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2012 4:27PM GMT
Don't know if you tried this already but the attached obit tells you where and when he died, if you send for his death certificate it may very well show the names of his parents.

Obit shows:
b. Aug 13, 1831 Sharon, CT.
d. May 23, 1912 Boston Corners, NY.
Names his surviving children.

I am not related.
Attachments:

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 1:05AM GMT
I did not have that- its a big help- Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions