Search for content in message boards

Charley Cole...Boise, Idaho, 1903 to ???

Charley Cole...Boise, Idaho, 1903 to ???

Joy LaCole Shirey (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2001 12:36PM GMT
I am looking for ANY information in regard to Charley Cole, originally of Ohio, born about 1868. Charley was married to a Caroline, Carlyn, or Carrie in Boise, and they had a daughter, Vallie, in 1903-04. the couple eventually divorced, and the child was sent to live with her mother's relatives in Utah. charley brought his daughter back to Boise when she was about 16, and she married a Lloyd Burke there, in 1922. Vallie was my mother. I am trying to locate Grandpa Charley, and my mother's Cole family. ANY info would be appreciated! Thanks.

Re: Charley Cole...Boise, Idaho, 1903 to ???

Posted: 7 Sep 2005 1:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Have information regarding Mercedes Francis Burke

Re: Charley Cole...Boise, Idaho, 1903 to ???

Posted: 19 Mar 2009 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole, Burke, Miller, Mundy
I am not sure if the Charles Cole I have information about is the Charley Cole you are interested in, but there are some interesting links that might fit.

Charles Cole (May 1876, Ind)was born to my great grandfather's brother, Benton Cole (1842 Ind) and Elizabeth Miller Cole (Dec 1844 or 45, Ohio). The family moved to Utah about 1883. I see them in the 1900 census there. The father, Benton, died in Utah in 1905. I cannot find any of the rest of the family in the 1910 or 1920 censuses. But Charles Cole, born 10 May 1876, registered for WWI draft in Boise listing his nearest relative as Elizabeth Cole.

In 1922, Charles Cole of Boise married Viola Mundy of Portland,in Salt Lake City.

In the 1930-31 Boise Polks' City Directory, Chas Cole (Viola) is listed with his mother Eliz Cole (wid Benton).

The 1930 census in Ada County lists Charles Cole, 48 (1882??), first marr age 20, Ind with Viola I, wife, 38, Id, and mother Elizabeth, 86, Oh.

HERE IS THE REASON I THINK THERE IS A CONNECTION:
The obituary for Elizabeth Cole reports that she died at the home of her daughter in law, Viola Cole, and that she had a surviving granddaughter, MRS VALLIE BURKE and 2 great grandchildren.
I'm thinking that Charles was married previously and is the father of Vallie.

Sincerely, Jessie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic