Search for content in message boards

Mulcare/Egan

Mulcare/Egan

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 1:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Apr 2003 5:54PM GMT
Surnames: Hehir, Casey
My research suggests that a Catherine Mulcare born abt 1802, Limerick to James Mulcare and Margaret Sheahan
might be my gggrandmother. She was married to Patrick Egan, Clare.

Re: Mulcare/Egan

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 3:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Dec 2012 3:39AM GMT
Surnames: egan, walsh, kelly, mulcare
Hi
I came across this old post you made sometime ago re: Catherine Mulcare and Patrick Egan as being your direct ancestors. I'm trying to find a link between Patrick Egan and possibly a sibling or two. Johanna Egan and Connor/Cornelius Egan. My connection is thr Cornelius Egan - his daughter Johanna Egan came out to Aust in 1841 on the Forth, as one of the Monteagle Immigrants. She was under-age and under the care of her cousin Bridget O'brien (nee Walsh) whose mother was also a Johanna Egan (whom I think was my Johanna's aunt). I have tried in vain to find a connection between these people and to Patrick Egan/Catherine Mulcare. I suspect there is a link as many of the my side then sent money/letters back to Patrick Egan's children to get them out to Aust also (I think, need to double check my sources there). Plus the Frawley's, Walsh and Kelly families. Most also settled in Pakenham/Western Point. I hope we have a connection! If so, I have loads of info on the Monteagle immigrants.
All the best
Jill Savage
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions