Search for content in message boards

James vaughn born 1805 tennessee , died mississippi

James vaughn born 1805 tennessee , died mississippi

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 2:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: vaughn/ vaughan
I am looking for the father of james vaughn born 1805 robertson county , tennessee . maybe joel vaughn born 9,11,1778 in robertson townshio , robertson county, tennessee , maybe jerome vaughn of wilson county, tennessee

Re: James vaughn born 1805 tennessee , died mississippi

Posted: 13 Nov 2010 7:01AM GMT
Surnames: Vaughn
Could the Joel Vaughn you mention have had a wife name Joanna? And children named Mary Caroline b. 1828 and son (or grandson?) Benjamin W. Vaughn b. 1840?

There is a census record for Blount County 1880 that lists a "Joal" and "Johannah" Vaughn.

I'm looking for Joel & Joanna (Johanna) myself. I only know they were born in TN and had a daughter named Mary Caroline b. 1828 and a grandson (more likely than son) named Benjamin W. Vaughn b. 1840.

If this is the line you're researching I'd be interested in hearing from you. I just rec'd some info on the Vaughns but haven't had time to read it yet. Since the counties are different, not sure if they could be the same.

Posted: 10 Dec 2010 8:40PM GMT
James was born in Robertson county or Wilson County in 1805 , He Married Marie Martin 1828 Wilson County , Tennessee , She died 1829 or ect , He Married Mary Carnop in Picken County , Alabama 1833 and moved to Kemper County , Mississippi , Brother may william richard (billy) Vaughan born 1802 in Tennessee , James Died 1856 in Mississippi father? James Vaughn 1770 south Carolina, Joel Vaughan 1741, Joel Vaughn 1778 Tennessee are Jerome Vaughn of Virginia and lived Wilson County, Tennessee

Posted: 10 Dec 2010 8:59PM GMT
James was born in Robertson county or Wilson County in 1805 , He Married Marie Martin 1828 Wilson County , Tennessee , She died 1829 or ect , He Married Mary Carnop in Picken County , Alabama 1833 and moved to Kemper County , Mississippi , Brother may william richard (billy) Vaughan born 1802 in Tennessee , James Died 1856 in Mississippi father? James Vaughn 1770 south Carolina, Joel Vaughan 1741, Joel Vaughn 1778 Tennessee are Jerome Vaughn of Virginia and lived Wilson County, Tennessee

Posted: 10 Dec 2010 9:10PM GMT
This James Vaughn is not the same line as Joel Vaughn. Sorry, I'm not sure if that's what you're saying, but Joel Vaughn can be verified on several census records in Greene & Blount County TN. His wife was Joanna or Johanna. The other Joel Vaughns you mention are not my Joel. I've found census records verifying my Joel and Joanna and their children 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 census records. They are probably not related to the Wilson County line.

Joel was born in So. Carolina, possibly to Joel Vaughn or Benjamin Vaughn, but I have no proof of his parents or siblings at this point. Vaughn is a common name.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic