Search for content in message boards

Lyons/Castle

Lyons/Castle

Posted: 30 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 5:34AM GMT
Surnames: Lyons

While searching for my Lyons family, I found that my g-grandfather Henry (Bud) Lyons had a sister named Julia. Julia married Farris Castle in Johnson or Lawrence Co. Would anyone have information on Henry and Julia's parents? Henry was born in 1868 and Julia about 1883 in Lawrence Co.
Thank You
Anna

Lyons/Castle

Posted: 31 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT

Don, I found the date of death for Julia in the Jenny Wiley Country book.The date listed there is Dec. 19, 1968. I have been searching for years to find William (Billie) Lyon(s) parents. I really think that he is connected to the Jesse Lyon family that came to Ky. from N.Carolina in the early 1800s.
William (Billie) Lyons wife Fannie was the daughter of Henry Bowen and Mary Pack. William was born about 1845 and Fannie 1846. The only children that I can find for them are my g-grandfather Henry (Bud),and two daughters Alifair and Julia. If you ever find anything about William and Fannie please let me know.
Thanks for your responce.
Anna

Lyon/Castle

Posted: 31 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2001 2:32PM GMT
Surnames: Lyons, Castle
Anna,
My records indicate that Julia was the daughter of William [Billie] Lyon and Fannie Bowen. Julia was born 25 June 1883 in Lowmansville, Lawrence Co. Ky and married Farris Castle. Do you have any death dates for Julia?
That is as far as my files go, on that family, since I mainly research the Castle side.
Julia's husband Farris was a younger brother to my great grandmother Elizabeth Castle, both children of John S. Castle and Julina S. Boyd

Henry (Bud) Lyons

Posted: 9 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT

Carleen, My great grandfather Henry (Bud) Lyons was married to Celia Conley about 1884. The Lawrence Co. Ky. 1910 census list the family.
Henry-age 43
Celia-age 43
Emma-age 21
William-age 19
Fanny-age 17 married Bert Wiley.
Ora-age 13 the uncle that you are looking for.
Andrew-age 11
George-age 5
Zelpha-age 3 Zelpha married Liss Bryant.
Nellie-age 1, a granddaughter
My grandfather must have been the oldest son, he is listed in the 1910 census at age-24 and married to my grandmother Mary Bell Wiley Lyons.
Fanny Lyons listed above also married a Wiley, Bert Wiley. If as you say Ora married Madge Wiley then three of the Lyons children married three Wiley children. Mary Bell and Bert Wiley were brother and sister.
I hope this will help.
Anna

Henry Lyons

Carleen Wiley Lightbody (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WILEY, COLLINS, SMITH, HALBERT, FARMER, BLANKENSHIP
Anna, What are Henry's children's names? I had a great uncle Ora Lyons married Madge Wiley. They had 3 sons named Anthony, Harry and Henry. Any thing would help. Thanks Carleen

Lyons

Carleen Wiley Lightbody (View posts)
Posted: 13 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WILEY, COLLINS, HALBERT, BLANKENSHIP, SMITH, FARMER
Anna, thank you so much, this is probably the Ora Lyons I am looking for. I really thank you very much. I don't have much on his family. Carleen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions