Search for content in message boards

Sernas of New Mexico to Spain

Sernas of New Mexico to Spain

Louis Serna (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: De La Serna, Serna, De Madrid, De Arechuleta, Lujan, Garcia de Noriega, Montes Vigil, Vigil, Giron
My name is Louis Serna, and I have studied my Serna and Vigil family history since 1966. I went all the way back to 1360 Spain, to Alvar Gomez De La Serna. Luis Diego De La Serna came to what is now New Mexico in 1626, or before. He was born at Velez Rubio, near Granada. His father was Pedro De La Serna and his mother was Ginesa de Gallega. I would like to find connections of Sernas from the Zacatecas, Mexico City areas, back to the Serna family of Spain. Contact me at SernaBook@aol.com and let's compare notes. I will be glad to help or share my info, much of which has already found it's way into various websites. My maternal family is Montes Vigil (Vigil). I will be glad to help there also. Visit me at; http://geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/4410.

Garcia de Noriega - contact me....

Louis Serna (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Garcia de Noriega
You asked for info on Alonso Garcia de Noriega... let's talk about him... contact me at Sernabook@aol.com... Louis.

garcia de noriega

Ron Garcia (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Any information on origin of Alsonso Garcia De Noriega, born in Zacatecas in 1627?

Montes Vigil

Louis F. Serna (View posts)
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Montes Vigil
My mother is a Vigil, descended from Francisco Montes Vigil who came from Mexico City to what is now New Mexico in the colonial period (1600's). If you have information on this, I would be interested. The "family" did not go by "Montes", although I assume they may be the same Montes Vigil.

Louis Serna
Posted: 24 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 6:09AM GMT
Surnames: Montes
you say your maternal side is Montes, my Paternal side is Montes. Is your Montes from Chihuahua Mx? My grandfather and his family is from Chihuahua Mx. but he also went to Zacatecas to work as a miner that is where he met my Grandmother who was an Acuna. I have alot of info on the Montes if you are interested.

Montes-Vigil

Estevan E. Vigil (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Vigil
Louis,

Did you ever find your ties/links to Montes Vigil??

If not, you should contact Maria C. Martinez of San Pablo, CO. She has three books on the Montes Vigil line. Her
email is mariam@vanion.com.

From the information that she has given me, it appears that
I am a descendant of Juan Montes Vigil. I have just started
my genealogy journey, so I need to purchase one of her books
to complete the link.

Estevan

Re: garcia de noriega

Posted: 27 Oct 2001 12:23PM GMT
In HGRC's most recent quarterly journal, HERENCIA, Oct Vol 9, Issue 4, page 32, Geraldine La Pierre lists the parents of Alonso Garcia as Andres Garcia and Ana Francisca. Does this ring a bell for anyone??? Now I need some personally assistance. Does anyone have information on Bartolo Garcia de Noriega (my 4th gg) b. 8 Apr. 1764 in San Jose de Chama (does anyone know how close this is to Santa Cruz?) son of Gregorio Anzelmo Garcia de Noriega b. abt. 1722-27 in Santa Cruz who was the son of Juan Esteban Garcia de Noriega (wife Luisa Gomez del Castillo). I am inquiring ONLY on Bartolo and Gregorio. I have plenty of information thereon.

Re: garcia de noriega

Ron Garcia (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2001 4:36PM GMT
Which Alonso Garcia are you referring too? I assume you refer to the one born in zacatecas, 1627 (?). If so, what sources does she use to verify his parents? Thanks!

Garcia de Noriega

Gloria Falcon (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2001 4:08AM GMT
Yes, I am referring to Alonso born in 1627. No, no references were published. What a pity.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic