Search for content in message boards

Ben Francl, Antonet (Tina) Kubalek

Ben Francl, Antonet (Tina) Kubalek

Posted: 14 Mar 2003 4:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jun 2003 3:15AM GMT
Surnames: Francl, Kubalek
Looking for family information on Ben Francl family enumerated in the 1920 US Census, Langlade County, town of Ackley as:
FRANCL, Ben, age 32, born IL, parents born Bohemia
Antonette, wife, age 28, immgrated 1906, born Bohemia Chidren: Beautries? age 6, Lillian age 3 7/12, James age 2/12

The above is Antonette Kubalek, aka Antonie, aka Tina Kubalek. Her family settled in Tama and Grunday County, Iowa after immigrating in 1905 or 1906 from Velka Ves, Bohemia. I have information on the Kubalek family to share in exchange for information on her Francl family.

Thanks

Bedrich Francl & wife Antonie (Tina) Kubalek

Posted: 11 Jan 2004 1:51PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Francl
1920 US Census, Wisconsin, Langlade County, Town of Ackley, enum dist 106 sheet 8 B, line 55
FRANCL, Ben, owns farm, mortgaged, age 32, married, reads/writes, born Illinois [error - he was born in Bohemia), parents born Bohemia, speaks English, farmer
- Antonette, wife, age 28, married, reads/writes, b. Bohemia, parents born Bohemia, immigrated 1906, naturalized 1912
- Beautries? (Beatrice), female age 6
- Lillian, female age 3 7/12
- James, male age 2/12
-------------------

1930 US Census, Wisconsin, Langlade County, Ackly Twp., 25 April 1930, ED 34-1 SD 2, sheet 9B, line 62
France, Ben, head, owner, value=$6,000, lives on farm, male, white, age 41, married at age 24, reads/writes,born Czechoslovakia, parents born in Cze., native language Bohemian, immigrated 1907, naturalized, speaks English, farmer, not a veteran
Antonette, wife, female, white, age 38, married at age 20, reads/writes, born in Cze, parents born in Cze, immigrated 1905, naturalized, speaks English
Beautrice, daughter, age 16, born in Illinois
Lillian, daughter, age 13, born in Illinois
James, son, age 9, born in Wisconsin

Below are death dates for Ben and his wife.
Langlade County Death Records, http://www.co.langlade.wi.us/Deaths/
Francl, Antonie, Death on Jan 3, 1972, Vol 24, page 279
Francl, Ben F., death on January 9, 1969, Vol 23, page 52

If someone has access to Death Records and obituaries, I would be most appreciative for any information you can send on Ben (Bedrich) and Tina (Antonie) Francl.

Thanks very much!

Re: Ben Francl, Antonet (Tina) Kubalek

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 6:00AM GMT
Surnames: Kubalek, Hrstka
I was raised in Tama, Iowa but now live in Oregon. I am related to a Kubalek family through marriage only. I have an Emma Kubalek, probably born around 1900. Emma married Edward Hrstka. Their daughter, Lucille Emma Hrstka, is my brother's mother in law. Lucille lived in Belle Plaine or Luzerne, Iowa which is very close to Tama. Also, I dated a Marion Kubalek from Tama. His mother was Gladys and I think his father's name was Joe. Marion and wife Linda had 4 children, probably all still living. I am looking for Emma Kubalek's parents. Cheryl

Re: Ben Francl, Antonet (Tina) Kubalek

Posted: 18 Aug 2012 5:12PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2012 1:19PM GMT
Surnames: Kubalek
There are a couple Kubalek families that lived around the Toledo and Clutier areas. I have never been able to connect them as related. However, I found the below on-line about your Emma.

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.iow...

Emma Hrstka

A funeral liturgy for Emma R. Hrstka, 98, of Tama, was held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 19, 2000, from St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Tama. The Rev. Keith Birch officiated. Interment was at Holy Trinity Cemetery, rural Toledo. She died Sunday, Dec. 17, 2000, at Sunny Hill Care Center in Tama of natural causes.

Emma Hrstka was born Dec. 24, 1901 in Czechoslovakia, the daughter of Otto Kubalek. She received her education near her home. In 1921 she came to the United States. On Jan. 4, 1922, at Holy Trinity she was united in marriage to Edward Hrstka of Elberon. The couple farmed near York Township until 1940 when they moved to Vining, IA, where they lived for 19 years. In 1959 they moved to Tama.

She was a member of St. Patrick’s Catholic Church and CCW.

Preceding her in death were her husband, Edward in 1966, two sons, Arthur and Paul; a grandson, K.C.; two great-granddaughters, Tara and Jennifer; two sons-in-law, Emil Yilek in 1999 and Robert O’Connor in 1991.

Surviving are five daughters, Helen Herink (and husband, Ludwig) of Tama, Mildred Benda (and husband, Milo) of Traer, Lucille Yilek of Belle Plaine, Eva Kasal (and husband,Kenneth) of Chelsea, and Martha O’Connor of Tama; three half sisters, Blanche Messinger of Tama, Rose Musgraves of Jackson, Mo., and Mildred Schmidt of Titonka, Ia.; 23 grandchildren; 46 great-grandchildren; and 15 great-great-grandchildren.

Hand Funeral Home-Tama-Toledo was in charge of arrangements. [Traer Star-Clipper; 21 December 2000]

==============
You might also check this link to see if it is your family.
http://awtc.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=REG&db=parrm...

Re: Bedrich Francl & wife Antonie (Tina) Kubalek

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 1:48PM GMT
I recieved your query last month. Did you ever get a reponse about Ben and Tina Francl death records and obits?

I did stop at the courthouse and got the death information and got the obit for Tina. Do you still need them?

Suzie

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 7:31PM GMT
Yes I would appreciate the death information, and obit for Tina. Thanks so much.
- Barb

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 1:11PM GMT
Barb

Did you recieve the obit and death certificate info.

Suzie

Posted: 15 Sep 2012 1:36PM GMT
No, I did not - dehorak@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic