Search for content in message boards

Mississppi Funderburks

Mississppi Funderburks

Posted: 3 Mar 2009 1:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Funderburk
Hi everyone,
"going out on a limb here"..was wondering if anyone knew anything about this Funderburk family listed in the 1880 Marshall Co MS census?? especially "LuLu"
I have figured out that J.J is Jackson "Jack" and S.A.A. is Adeline Saunders...and G.W. is George Washington. But I can't find anyting on Lulu....maybe it was a nickname???
any help would be greatly appreiciated.
Diann
J. J. Funderburk 55
S. A. A. Funderburk 45
W. H. Funderburk 18
Micheal E. Funderburk 11
Sam Funderburk 9
G. W. Funderburk 8
M. B. Funderburk 5
Jonas Funderburk 4
Lulu Funderburk 2
J. W. Sanders 21

Re: Mississppi Funderburks

Posted: 30 May 2009 4:38AM GMT
Jonas Green Funderburk listed as age 4 was my grandfather. After the civil war JJ Funderburk and his two older boys went to Texas near Larado. JJ and teh second oldest boy stayed in Texaz==s an built a one room cabin. The older boy went back for the rest of the family and brought them to Texan as well. I have the family history only of Jonas. He later lived in Oklahoma working on a survey crew, Colorado working in a copper mine, and in Portland Oregon where he died in 1957. He was born in Holly Springs Missippi.

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 6:15PM GMT
My great great grandfather is George Washington Funderburk,born 1872 Marshall County, Mississippi. Father was Jack Jackson Funderburk (born North Carolina-2/25/1826-died 3/27/1907-buried Crystal Falls,TX-Stephens County-listed in 1930-Texas Under Many Flags-lived at Picketville, just north of Breckenridge,Texas)and mother Adeline Sanders. James Robert Funderburk-older son of Jack-born 1860 in Mississippi-buried (1948)n Crystal Falls,TX.
George Washington Funderburk(died 1957-Newcastle,TX) married Mary Bell Emberlin. Son was George J. Funderburk, married Rose Gene Yarbrough. Son was Mack Funderburk,still lives in Breckenridge,TX-my father. Does anyone have parents of JJ Funderburk?

Posted: 18 Sep 2009 7:28PM GMT
Correction -James Robert Funderburk was born in Alabama. see attached documents from 1930-Texas Under Many Flags.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic