Search for content in message boards

Robert Nelson of Kentucky and Missouri

Robert Nelson of Kentucky and Missouri

Posted: 28 Sep 1999 7:02AM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2001 12:29AM GMT
Looking for information on Robert Nelson, born abt. 1782 in Pennsylvania, married Martha Patsy Lemon in Kentucky, and died in Boone County, Missouri.

Nelson, Rhoda, McDonald, Joseph, Mo.

Posted: 23 Oct 1999 9:13AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 1:37AM GMT
Do you have any of the childrens names from you Nelson, I have a Rhoda Nelson married to a Joseph McDonald 2/25/1849 married in Jefferson County Mo. checking for relatives of Augustus McDonnell Jefferson County, Mo.
MSan687276@aol.com

Robert Nelson''s family

Posted: 14 Nov 1999 6:10AM GMT
Edited: 12 Sep 2001 12:29AM GMT
I do not have any of Robert's siblings. I found in a county history that his father's name was John, and that John had served in the Revolutionary War. Robert married Martha Patsy Lemon in Scott County, Kentucky in 1807. They had the following children: Andrew, George, Rebecca, Elizabeth, Mary Jane, and Sarah. There may have been more. I have not concentrated a lot of research on this family, so I don't know a whole lot. If I can give you any more information, let me know. Thank you for your interest. Beth Law

Rhoda Jane Nelson - Joseph McDonald

Shirley Ann Jourdan (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 9:30AM GMT
My gg-grandfather was Joseph McDonald. His second wife was Rhoda Jane Nelson, and according to my records, were married 2/14/1849 in Jefferson County, IL. According to my records, their children were Mary Ann Elizabeth McDonald, Merinda Malvina McDonald, Samantha L. McDonald, William Jefferson McDonald, Levy Allen McDonald, Joseph Thomas McDonald, and Benjamine Franklin McDonald. They moved from IL to TX and settled in Gillespie Co., TX.
If this is the family you are looking for, please let me know and I will gladly share any info.

McDonald, Joseph

Posted: 30 Jan 2000 12:21PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 1:37AM GMT
I don't want to totally outrule the possible kidship between our McDonalds's with out doing some more comparing of information. Family had a way of naming there children after each other, and in the line of My Augustus, I have:
Augustus is married to Samantha,
There first born son was Joseph,
one child was named Elizabeth. If any connection it would maybe be a brother as Augustus was born in 1818-20, and married Samantha in 1838, Joseph there first born son was born 1838.
MSan6878276@aol.com

Joseph McDonald

Ann Jourdan (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2000 4:45PM GMT
Mary, I tried to send an e-mail to MSan6878276@aol.com with a reply, and aol told me there was not a member by that name. Please e-mail me direct and I will send all the info again. sajourdan@aol.com. thanks.

Joseph McDonald

Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2001 3:51PM GMT
I am also a desc. of Joseph McDonald but by his first wife, Eliz. Esther Taylor. Their first daughter, Lucretia Jane b. 1833/34 St.Clair Co. ILL. She married Marion Amos Fairchild. Would be interested in compairing info, if you are interested.

Joseph McDonald

Posted: 19 May 2001 12:57PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2001 2:44AM GMT

Re: Robert Nelson of Kentucky and Missouri

Posted: 25 Mar 2002 6:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 May 2002 8:03AM GMT
Surnames: Nelson, Lemon, Walker
I a descendant of Robert Nelson and Martha Patsy Lemon m. 1807. According to my information written by my ggg aunt, they had twelve children. Six born in Scott Co. and the rest in Boone Co. MO. I am the descendant of the eldest, Joseph Lemon Nelson. This family account says that Robert's father was named John, served as an officer in the Revolutionary War and was a cousin of Thomas Nelson. Jr. signer of the Declaration of Independence. John and his wife had three sons: John, Robert and Alexander.
Looking for any information on John Nelson and his wife and parents. I have been told that Robert was born in Penn. but have no proof.

Re: Robert Nelson of Kentucky and Missouri

Beth (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2002 2:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
We definitely have the same Robert and Martha. However, if you research the John named as Robert's father, you will find that he is not our line. That John did have a son Robert, but his son is too young to be our Robert. The other John and Robert lived in Virginia and North Carolina, and they never lived in Kentucky or Missouri. According to the 1850 census, our Robert's birthplace is given as Pennsylvania. There was a John Nelson that lived in Scott County, Kentucky for awhile, and then moved to Ohio. I thought that was our John. However, upon an examination of the tax rolls of Scott County, Kentucky you will find that that John is probably too young to be the father of our Robert. A Robert the age of our Robert shows up on the tax rolls in Scott County, Kentucky under the name of Joseph Nelson. The DAR accepts that evidence as proof of paternity.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions