Search for content in message boards

larkin varner ark

larkin varner ark

bobbie (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2001 4:47PM GMT
looking for info on larken m. varner married elizabeth kersey in 1883 at greenwood,sebastian co. arkansas

Larkin Madison Varner

Jim Varner (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 6:43AM GMT
Son of William Riley Varner and Martha Stokes. William is son of James Madison, who is son of James born 1780 in SC.

larking varner ark

bobbie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 3:44PM GMT
so glad to hear from someone on that side. we come from Elizabeth's sister Susan Paralee Kersey Roberts , married John A. Roberts in Greenwood,jan 24,1878,they had two boys Jefferson Kenneth Roberts born 1878,dec. 22. and James Roberts born feb.27 1881.was wondering if your side had ever heard of Elizabeth's sister Susan we know John A. died or disappeared sometime between 1883 and 1887, because on sept 7 1887, susan married John A. Roberts brother George Roberts. just wondering if any family stories had come down through elizabeth's side of the family about her sister. thanks bobbie.

larking varner ark

bobbie (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 3:45PM GMT
so glad to hear from someone on that side. we come from Elizabeth's sister Susan Paralee Kersey Roberts , married John A. Roberts in Greenwood,jan 24,1878,they had two boys Jefferson Kenneth Roberts born 1878,dec. 22. and James Roberts born feb.27 1881.was wondering if your side had ever heard of Elizabeth's sister Susan we know John A. died or disappeared sometime between 1883 and 1887, because on sept 7 1887, susan married John A. Roberts brother George Roberts. just wondering if any family stories had come down through elizabeth's side of the family about her sister. thanks bobbie.

Larkin M. Varner

Paula Varner (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2001 1:44PM GMT
Dear Bobbie Davis,

I am the grandchild of Daniel Rice Varner,
brother of Larkin M. Varner 1867-1955, of
Sebastian County Arkansas. Most of the
Varner's are buried in the Dayton Cem. which
is located within a mile or so from the old
Varner homeplace. This is 30 miles south of
Fort Smith Arkansas. I believe Larkin's
second wife was Fannie R. 1865-1943; first
wife was Elizabeth Ellen Kersey 1864-1903.
William R. Varner, the father, is buried
at Clark's Chapel and died in 1882.

We would appreciate sharing any informat-
ion you may already have on the Varner Family
Tree.

Paula Varner

varner in sebastian co

varner (View posts)
Posted: 26 May 2001 8:05PM GMT
paula, we don't have much on the varner name, we have on roberts,kersey,brown,i'm trying to enclose what i have on varners, just a couple of family group sheets,we descend from susan kersey,sister of elizabeth, any info i have of the above names will be more than happy to send you paula i'm having trouble sending you the family groups sheets in this format, if you will send me your e-mail will send them on,felix@cswnet.com

Re: Larkin M. Varner

Damon Castenholz (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2004 10:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Paula,

My grandfather was also Daniel Rice Varner, my father was Doyle Rice Varner, we have been trying to locate any information on my father and other members of the family,
My parents divorced in 1937 and my mother remarried and I was adopted by her husband. Anything you could tell me about Doyle or his brother Paul, or his sisters Elva Audie or Dorotha Marie, or Ruby Varner would be very helpfully.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions