Search for content in message boards

Updenkelder, Adeline---Anybody??

Updenkelder, Adeline---Anybody??

Posted: 11 Dec 2003 4:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jul 2006 3:04AM GMT
Adeline, b. 1907, County Unknown. She is my Step-GM. If anybody has anything, I would be grateful to you, and maybe return the favor at some point in time...
She married my biological GF in 1928 Washington St. either in Tacoma or Seattle. My older siblings lost contact with her after my bio GF died in 1941. At that time, I was 2 years old and don't remember either one of them. I have memoirs written down about both of them, from my sisters, scarce annotations of them.
Appreciate anything, and Thank you.

Re: Updenkelder, Adeline---Anybody??

Posted: 26 Dec 2003 9:18PM GMT
Was Updenkelder Adeline's maiden name, or married name? She was born in Wisconsin? What was your granfathers name, first & last?
There was a family of Updenkelters in Tacom, WA on the 1930 census but no Adeline....it would help to know her husbands name.

Posted: 27 Dec 2003 4:44PM GMT
First, Thank you for the reply..Adeline Updenkelder is my step-grandmother. Later assistance found she was born in Wisconsin, Oconto Co. My biological grandmother died 1927. My biological grandfather Louis Marsh, b. New York, married Adeline on or about 1928...maybe in Tacoma or in King Co.'s.

Posted: 27 Dec 2003 5:36PM GMT
1930 Tacoma, Pierce, WA
Louis (35) & Adeline (20?22) Marsh, son Sterling 11mths
Adeline's father was from Holland & her mother from Ohio

1930 (same place)
Gloss(?) Updenkelter 51frm Holland & wf. Bell 39 frm. Ohio
Winona 24, Judith 16, Leona 12, & Leona 7 (all kids born in WI)

I can't seem to find this Updenkelder family in 1920....but I'll keep looking.

Posted: 27 Dec 2003 9:13PM GMT
I found them in 1920!!
Oconto Co. WI
VPDENKELDER, Glose 36 fr. Holland came to this country 1887((9)
wf. Bell 31 Ohio
Adeline 12, Hilda 8, & Judith 5 1/2

(notice the discrepencies in ages of Glose & Bell) from 1920-1930
I take it you already have all the Marsh info? Louis was born in Chautagua Co. NY 1875 to Elmer Marsh & Mary Everden?

Oh yeah....there was also a Nick WLDENKELDER (age 62)in Oconto 1920 from Holland...possibly Glose's father?

Leslie Marsh (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2003 9:23PM GMT
Well, this is a surprise...Thank you again...and Yes I have all the Marsh info...Thank you for taking the time and your generosity in researching this, I had a hard time and a brick wall on her....my step grandmother...Adeline...I only had hearsay info and what little I did have wasn't very much...I'll have another go at it thanks to you...Leslie.

Posted: 27 Dec 2003 9:42PM GMT
Wait....there's more!
1910 the Updenkelders still in Oconto
Gloss 25 & Arbelle 21
but next door was Sam Kiner 56 frm OH (parents Holland) & wf. Adeline 57
maybe these were Bell (Arbelle's) parents!!

also same place & yr. Tina Updenkelder (Gloss's sister) age 16 working as a servent for the Perrigo family

Posted: 28 Dec 2003 4:06PM GMT
Outstanding..more to add to the PAF disc. Not sure how Sam Kiner fits in yet, like I said, more avenues to research and add to the mystery and puzzles of our past...And yes, I do believe Gloss had a sister with him when they emmigrated from Holland.
Appreciate all you have done, this is putting new angles and a more clearer picture...Thank you again..Leslie

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 3:52AM GMT
Adeline was my aunt. My mom was Leona her sister. I remember her very well from my childhood. Her parents were Gloss & Arabella my grand parents. The house she grew up in is in Tacoma WA and is still there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions