Search for content in message boards

Abraham Brooks b. 1743 d. 1805 Oneida Co. NY

Abraham Brooks b. 1743 d. 1805 Oneida Co. NY

Posted: 26 Sep 2001 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for descendants of Abraham Brooks who died in Oneida Co. NY and was married to Deborah Hungerford. They had a son by the name of Orrin Brooks who was my 4th great grandfather. I have not been able to find out much about Abraham. His children were:
Vashti, Stephen, Jerusha, Cyrus, Abraham, Deborah and Orrin. Thanks!

Re: Abraham Brooks b. 1743 d. 1805 Oneida Co. NY

Posted: 27 Sep 2001 3:01PM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2006 6:37PM GMT
Hi Joyce:

I'm part of an international effort to document Hungerfords and the families that have come from them. I would be interested in knowing more about your line from Orrin Brooks down to the present time.

I can give you a e-mail contact I had but my last communication with her was in 1997. Contact me directly at rdhung@qwest.net for that e-mail address.

Regarding Abraham Brooks--I have one reference for you. FHL #1421640 includes "Families of Ancient New Haven," compiled by Donald Lines Jacobus. Page 337 of Vol. 2 states:

Abraham, born 22 Apr 1743 (per Wallingford VR), baptized June 1743 (per records of Congregational Society, Cheshire), died 16 Mar 1805, aged about 63, Steuben, NY (per gravestone record); Census (Bristol) 3-2-2; married 5 Mar 1767 (per Vital statistics, Farmington), Deborah Hungerford. The details re the children--their births--were recorded per vital statistics of Farmington. It also advises that he was the son of Stephen & Hannah (Barnes) Brooks. Deborah was the daughter of Capt. John & Deborah (Hungerford) Hungerford.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 30 Jun 2003 12:54AM GMT
Edited: 14 Jul 2003 8:52PM GMT
Surnames: Hungerford, Baker and Arnold's
We read your message boards about the Hungerfords and was wondering if you knew anything about a Bertha Helen Hungerford or Charles Hungerfotd died in 1916.

Richard W. Hungerford, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2003 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: Hungerford Southwell
Hello.

I do know those two Hungerfords. They are some of the children of Hiram James & Betsy D. (Southwell) Hungerford. What would you like to know? How are you related?

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 1:53AM GMT
Charles Hungerford was my g-grandfather, i'm just getting started in this and i don't have very much to go on to get the history going, i dont know where the family came from ect. I was also wondering if you are from that family line.

Richard W. Hungerford, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2003 2:46AM GMT
Charles is my 5th cousin 3 generations removed. The Hungerfords come from England. There is a castle near Bath in England that we "came from." Your and my line can be traced back to 1639. I would like to know more about Charles' wife and your line--I would be happy to give you the details from Charles back to Thomas Hungerford who showed up in Hartford in 1639. Contact me directly.

Re: Reply

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 2:53AM GMT
richard i"m not on any instant message brd but my sister and mother are they are going to email u and talk to you until i get to their house

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 3:20AM GMT
Hello. My name is Shelly. I am Carol's sister. I would also like to chat and i have your screenname in my msn messenger. I hope you dont mind. Thank you.

Posted: 12 Jul 2003 5:00AM GMT
richard, i'm sorry i didnt know you got offline i was hoping to talk to you, Charles married Lela Belle Baker on March 9, 1901, they had 2 children that i know of for sure Irene Isabelle Hungerford is my grandmother and she married Clinton Sylvester Arnold, Mildred Hungerford and she married William Arnold. I also think there was a Leta Hungerford who married a Giles Arnold, I don't know very much more about Charles, but I would love to know what you can tell me about him and i can't tell you much about Lela either except her parents were Gilbert and Elinore Arnold Baker, don"t have any info on them I can't find anything. After Charles died in 1916 Lela married Charles Arnold on Nov.28,1917. I would like to try to find info on the Bakers and Arnolds when i get info on the Hungerfords. Thank you for the reply I'm glad I found somone who could help me with the line of the Hungerfords. Carol

Posted: 25 Oct 2005 12:17AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, VanBuskirk, Eychaner, Mowers, Bowen
I have just found two deeds for Abraham Brooks, Town of Steuben, Herkimer County, NY (one as grantor to Cyrus and the other to Stephen.) I am trying to make a connection to Judson and Naomi Smith Brooks of Oneida Co.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic